Gardener's 8 Types Of Intelligence - Poll

Your Intelligence Strength?

• Linguistic intelligence ("word smart")

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Logical-mathematical intelligence ("number/reasoning smart")

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Musical intelligence ("music smart")

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

linnie

20% Logical, 35% Spatial, 39% Linguistic, 31% Intrapersonal, 27% Interpersonal, 6% Musical, 25% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 61% Naturalistic!

For someone who loves singing in a choir better than almost anything else, it isn't reflected in my 'real time' Musical capacity!!! Heh heh!!

That logical is low on the list makes perfect sense! And I do love the great outdoors, and planting, and labyrinth walking..... :)

Thank you... Interesting...

It would appear from the poll that those with a logical approach to Life don't feature over-much here at AT! :):):)

Teheuti

Teheuti said:
Linguistic
65% Linguistic,
49% Intrapersonal,
35% Naturalistic,
31% Logical,
16% Spatial,
12% Interpersonal,
14% Musical,
2% Bodily-Kinesthetic
I found another version of this test that makes more sense to me.
http://www.ldrc.ca/projects/miinventory/miinventory.php

I've noticed that some versions for the Math section emphasize logic and categorization (which I'm high on) and others math equations & problems (where I'm low).

Intrapersonal=42
Linguistic=35
Interpersonal=32
Mathematics=27
Body/Kinesthetic=25
Visual/Spatial=24
Naturalistic=21
Music=16

Laura Borealis

I came up Nature/Naturalistic on both tests.

"This area has to do with nature, nurturing and relating information to one's natural surroundings. Those with it are said to have greater sensitivity to nature and their place within it, the ability to nurture and grow things, and greater ease in caring for, taming and interacting with animals."

I can buy that, though I do tend to let plants die (conversely, when I stopped watering something on purpose, it perversely clung to life).

"They may also be able to discern changes in weather or similar fluctuations in their natural surroundings."

Wait... who CAN'T discern changes in weather? :rolleyes:

"They are also good at recognizing and classifying different species. 'Naturalists' learn best when the subject involves collecting and analyzing, or is closely related to something prominent in nature..."

This is true of me, more or less.

"...they also don't enjoy learning unfamiliar or seemingly useless subjects with little or no connections to nature."

Haha! Again, who DOES enjoy learning useless subjects? Wait... does tarot count as useless? :confused:

"It is advised that naturalistic learners would learn more through being outside or in a kinesthetic way."

So I should take my decks outside more? :D Out in the wind and the rain... yeah!
Or... I've been kicking around the idea of drawing my own deck, maybe I should do an herbalist/naturalist's deck. :D

Laura Borealis

The one posted by Teheuti has this question: "Math and/or science are among my favorite subjects in school."

Bah. Math was least favorite, always. But science was always one of my favs. Why are they often lumped together? Certainly both require logical skills, but they are very different.

linnie

Hmmm.... interesting...

Linguistic 39%
Logical 20%
Spatial 35%
Bodily-Kinesthetic 25%
Naturalistic 61%
Musical 6%
Interpersonal 27%
Intrapersonal 31%

Linguistic 32
Mathematics 23
Visual/Spatial 36
Body/Kinesthetic 32
Naturalistic 32
Music 45
Interpersonal 30
Intrapersonal 41

Very odd! Whilst most of the learning styles remain reasonably close, music and natiralistic are comepletely out of synch with the original survey... Strange... I still like being outside, and I can sing tunes, but can't read music except to follow the contours and timing, and yet the difference in either wording of questions or the relevance of questions has rendered me a musical protege (by comparison!!! :)) but less of a Naturalist!!!

linnie

laura_borealis said:
The one posted by Teheuti has this question: "Math and/or science are among my favorite subjects in school."

Bah. Math was least favorite, always. But science was always one of my favs. Why are they often lumped together? Certainly both require logical skills, but they are very different.
That's completely right, laura_borealis!!! If we're talking Botany, or Biology, or Geology, well..... :) Physics, though..... :) Byut, yes, why must they be lumped together... Well, they also lumped English and history together, and History, to me, was just rote-learning dates and names, whereas English was all about creativity..... :)

Stormdancer

These results are from the first link provided.....

33% Logical, 31% Spatial, 33% Linguistic, 29% Intrapersonal, 16% Interpersonal, 47% Musical, 4% Bodily-Kinesthetic and 31% Naturalistic!

MUSICAL was tops, i guess......Seems pretty balanced until "Body-Kinesthetic"

I might try the 2nd one, and see what the differences are...})

Chiska

With the third test - got similar results - spatial and math/logic

linnie

I just did Gregory's one... This one feels somehow more appropriate for me personally... The bottom 3 are close to where they should be!!! :) The top 4 are close to where they should be, and the middle one is in the middle, where it belongs!!!! :)

I liked this test because musicability related as much to hearing and singing back a tune as to playing classical instruments... very different tasks, but that I am incompetent in one renders the other less important in my life is... twaddle... I think!!! :):):)

These tests, though.... hmmm... That I don't rate going to the zoo highly doesn't, to my mind, mean that I am not an avid animal lover or 'naturalist'... It simply means that I prefer seeing things in the wild rather than in cages, and away from crowds of two-leggeds... so I'm wondering if that question lent towards naturalist or no??!!!! :) Tricky, huh! :)

4.43 Language
4 Self
3.57 Musical
3.57 Naturalist
3.57 Social
3.14 Spacial
2.71 Body-movement
1.57 Logic

brightcrazystar

Linguistic
25% Logical, higher than 46%
6% Spatial, fraking legally blind blue-grey eye nightmare - higher than 4%