Odd deck - Das Keltische Baum tarot

Yelell

I have a basket of cheap kicking-around decks anyone can play with and one got wrecked, so I bought a new cheap german deck pretty much sight unseen. It's called Das Keltische Baum (the celtic tree) tarot - Levine/Wallrath - and it's a bit strange.

Unillustrated pips, and most of the majors resemble a Wirth or Marseille deck.
My mom's german but I only know a few words. I just have other german decks to compare with and a translator. Most of the majors look traditional but are named unexpected things to me - the chariot says willfulness, death says melancholy, the world just says nature, moon is doubt, devil is ambition and so on.

The female pope is replaced with a man(?) called the sensitiveness - with a twirled mustache and a sword. The pope is now a native looking man called the wisdom. The tower is red arrows from the sun, called creation. They all have the same black border, except the emperor's is red, the lover's is green, and the sun's is yellow. And then, each major features and corresponds to a different tree listed in the book, which is not weird considering the title :). The aces and courts all have mountains in the background.

I haven't personally seen one like it before. Anyway, didn't see anything much here about this deck, so I thought I'd post it if anyone had any thoughts or was curious to see. Sorry, didn't know if this should go in with the Marseille or in general tarot decks.

Yelell

oops, the pictures didn't post

mrpants

Yelell, this is so beautiful! So, it's a collage style new version of the Vandenborre Flemmish Tsrot, also known as the Bacchus Tarot, due to Trump V in this deck. where did you find this, and how do I get one???!

Yelell

Yelell, this is so beautiful! So, it's a collage style new version of the Vandenborre Flemmish Tsrot, also known as the Bacchus Tarot, due to Trump V in this deck. where did you find this, and how do I get one???!

You are right! Interesting, although that deck has normal titles for the cards. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/flamand/

http://m.bookdepository.com/Das-kel...ent=order-details&utm_campaign=Order-dispatch
I got it from book depository, came with a real book- in german of course. A german seller I've bought before from on ebay has it too now I think. Fair warning, the card stock quality is rather low.

mrpants

Ooh, good to know. I viewed the pics on my phone late last night; couldn't really get a sense of quality.

Mi-Shell

Each card has a different Tree on it.
They correspond to the Celtic Tree alphabet.
I rather like the none traditional titles of the cards :)