Star as external influences

Laurelle

How would you read the Star card as external influences?

-that there are events that are cosmic in nature that
-things are working behind the scenes that you are not aware of
-everything will work out for the best and you don't have any control over it

external influences are things that the querent has no control over, but never the less influence the situation.

IndigoWaves

Just a stab in the dark without context, but maybe someone living or dead with a very hopeful and idealistic, Star-like personality and/or an Aquarius Sun/Aquarius-type person is affecting the situation, somehow, likely in an indirect, "remote" manner. While Star intentions are typically good, its related influence may be over-idealized and misleadingly unrealistic. If so, it could actually be an unhelpful distraction, misdirecting the querent towards unattainable results.

Laurelle

Just a stab in the dark without context, but maybe someone living or dead with a very hopeful and idealistic, Star-like personality and/or an Aquarius Sun/Aquarius-type person is affecting the situation, somehow, likely in an indirect, "remote" manner. While Star intentions are typically good, its related influence may be over-idealized and misleadingly unrealistic. If so, it could actually be an unhelpful distraction, misdirecting the querent towards unattainable results.

I would have to think about what person that would be. If anyone, I idealized the situation and consistently held out hope. But I don't think I am the external influence because the reading was my own, so I wouldn't be the person affecting the external influence. I guess that's why it's hard to figure out.

As an external influence maybe it's a reading that I had done for me by a tarot readerr. She definitely influenced the hope I had, but I think it's all in vain now (or maybe I don't because I did a reading on the subject....) lol

Good insight indigo. I always like what you have to say about tarot. You're very good.

I just did the reading, so I will have to keep mulling this one over. Everything else made sense except that card and the outcome.

mary_leo

Maybe some new event shedding a new light, giving you a different and more hopeful perspective?

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

elena_jaymz

Hi Laurelle, maybe it just means the Universe is with you and its energy/influence will help you to fulfill whatever you're wishing for. Have faith.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Barleywine

It strikes me that influences don't get more "external" than the Star: abstract, remote, hard to get your head around, but no less potent for all that. Since the Star corresponds to the sign of Aquarius (basically "right now"), it could be an influence coming from a broader social perspective, maybe some kind of "group-think" that you're having trouble penetrating intellectually or philosophically. Aquarian impulses are "humanitarian," but mainly for those who hold a common viewpoint; others need not apply. So the Star could have a kind of exclusivity about it, maybe an exclusionary or "outsider" vibe. Perhaps you can "see the light" but can't quite "break through" that crystalline vision to the heart of the matter. As an external influence, it could mean that someone or something is slipping away from you, winking in and out of focus like a star in the evening sky; it may have to get darker (a "waiting game") before that focus snaps into place, since, as has been said, "Wishing won't make it so."

Laurelle

Maybe some new event shedding a new light, giving you a different and more hopeful perspective?

The Sun was the outcome (there were 10 cards in this reading), so that perspective makes sense. Perhaps the Star will lead to the Sun's new perspective. The sun is a star.

It strikes me that influences don't get more "external" than the Star: abstract, remote, hard to get your head around, but no less potent for all that. Since the Star corresponds to the sign of Aquarius (basically "right now"), it could be an influence coming from a broader social perspective, maybe some kind of "group-think" that you're having trouble penetrating intellectually or philosophically. Aquarian impulses are "humanitarian," but mainly for those who hold a common viewpoint; others need not apply. So the Star could have a kind of exclusivity about it, maybe an exclusionary or "outsider" vibe. Perhaps you can "see the light" but can't quite "break through" that crystalline vision to the heart of the matter. As an external influence, it could mean that someone or something is slipping away from you, winking in and out of focus like a star in the evening sky; it may have to get darker (a "waiting game") before that focus snaps into place, since, as has been said, "Wishing won't make it so."

An idea or vision is slowly fading in and out of my perspective, so this is true.

I'll have to give the "broader social perspective" some thought. There is something that I want that does align with the something very typical that everyone wishes that had (at least, most people), so that goes with a your idea of a "broader social perspective." This whole situation has made me have to reevaluate who I am and my goals in life. At this point in my life, I don't think that I am following the "normal" path and I seem to be walking to the "beat of my own drum." I've always gone down the "road less traveled", but in the last 5 years I have tried to fit into the "broader social perspective", which hasn't actually suited my lifestyle.

I've had a certain vision for most of my life that included carving out another social perspective, raising my daughter in this perspective and making a new life for others out of the example. It can be an exhausting uphill battle at times and there was a part of me that wanted a certain situation to come into fruition, but this certain situation would have resulted in me compromising my vision of a new world.

So the vision of "normality" is fading from my view. It seemed to be better suited as a fantasy anyway.

Even when I was trying to "fit in", I still held on to some of my core beliefs, which didn't necessarily coalesce with the situation that I was waiting for.

Again....the Sun was the outcome, so perhaps I can see that Star and as it gets closer and closer to me as the Sun, I will get the clarity that I want from the situation.

Thank you Mary and Barley for responding. I always like to read what you write Barley.

Mary, thanks for joining the group!

Laurelle

Hi Laurelle, maybe it just means the Universe is with you and its energy/influence will help you to fulfill whatever you're wishing for. Have faith.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for responding Elena!

Yes, this is a different take on things. It could be that the universe and the external cosmic influences are in order in my life. Maybe things are working out behind the scenes and I really don't know it. Perhaps things will take a different turn that what Barley and Mary were discussing and I will end up in the situation that I desire. Maybe I won't have to compromise my belief system at all, but everything will work out for the best.

Only time will tell. Each and everyone of you who as responded as really helped me re think the star card. I love how tarot helps me figure out my own life from a psychological/human perspective. These are all ideas that I wouldn't have thought of on my own, which is crazy because I love the Star and thought I really had it nailed down! But as always, tarot has far more depth!

mary_leo

The Sun was the outcome (there were 10 cards in this reading), so that perspective makes sense. Perhaps the Star will lead to the Sun's new perspective. The sun is a star.

The sun as the outcome I would say that this new "event" will certainly shed a bright light and you'll be able to see everything clear!

Good luck

Laurelle

The sun as the outcome I would say that this new "event" will certainly shed a bright light and you'll be able to see everything clear!

Good luck

Yes! Thank you! If anything I think that the reading was pretty good and I will be able to see things more clearly in the next couple of weeks.