Witches of East End - tarot deck used?

Rhinemaiden

Anyone here watching Witches of East End on Lifetime? There's a deck used from time to time but the camera never stays on the cards long enough for a close look... BUT I think the deck is the Medieval Scapini. I based my decision on the slightly oversized cards, beige backgrounds and most telling, the rope borders on the cards. The rope borders and general card layout being my "aha!" moment.

Agree? Disagree? What deck do you think it is?

rwcarter

Haven't seen this week's episode, but from the cards I've seen in the first few episodes I think it's a deck specially made for the show. You're right that the deck is about the size of the Scapini, but the art is completely different.

Rhinemaiden

There's a Witches of East End promo set on ebay... deck included is the USG Kat Black Golden Tarot... I may be wrong on Medieval Scapini (for now I'm sticking to my choice), but the deck used on the show is definitely NOT the Golden.

tarotbear

On the Lifetime site is also a link to 'Tarot cards' but it is just publicity shots of the characters - they don't even have Tarot card designations ... Does the world need yet another TV show with beautiful, nubile young witches with perky boobs and tight butts? Can we say 'stereotyped' ?

Glass Owl

Here is a screencap I found from the pilot episode. I have played with the image a bit so the cards are clearer.

Attachments

• woee101_2157_ed.jpg
    woee101_2157_ed.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,407

Rhinemaiden

Here is a screencap I found from the pilot episode. I have played with the image a bit so the cards are clearer.

Thank you, Glass Owl! :thumbsup: You get a pocket for your spy coat! It's not Medieval Scapini as I thought... but I still don't know which deck it is... any ideas???

Glass Owl

Here is another one from the second episode.

I suspect they were created for the show but were heavily inspired by the Medieval Scapini. I think some of the cards have been re-titled or they are ones that were added.

Attachments

• woee102_2344_edit.jpg
    woee102_2344_edit.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 1,655

kalliope

That last screencap was great and clear, Glass Owl. I can see I heard correctly when they said something about "The Cloak." And is that other one in the cross position "The Impostor?"

Perhaps it was inspired by the colors of the Medieval Scapini, but the illustration style is very different. I think you're correct that they are cards specially made for the show, maybe not even a whole deck. Those extra cards are probably just added. You can see that they're not numbered, so I doubt they're actually thoughtful replacements for other Majors. The Cloak and The Impostor just sound mysterious and spooky and they fit into the whole shapeshifter storyline. ;)

It's a silly show, but I'm still watching it for some reason! :laugh:

Glass Owl

I hope we see more "extra" Tarot cards as the characters do more readings, they are a fun addition.