Gorgon's Tarot Out @ Last!

strings of life

Which way is sideways? I'd like a way to shuffle these cards easily.
I shot a quick video of how I've been shuffling it since side riffling on a table is a strange explanation. When it comes to reassembling the cards, you can do some on the table (shown in the video) or in your hands, both easy.

My somewhat crude shuffling video: http://tinypic.com/r/142rdw0/8

Hope this helps!

desertrat

Ah, my dear, you got skills. That was a lovely video, but I just can't manage to do it. I think my hands are too small. :( If I cut the deck in half, then I can kinda sorta do an ugly version of your shuffle.

dolores666

Size matters

Hello everybody. This is a mixed-feelings Gorgon speaking.
Thank you all, again, for your kindness to my deck. And here be the rub... I was going to say "my wee deck"...only it's many things but certainky NOT "wee", damn & blast.
PathWalker, Stringy, Ratty, dears, you are SO right.
You were shocked on reception of your decks? Join the club. I had several litters of kittens!
Fifteen sodding years working on the thing, dreaming of the day I could do a reading with my own cards, and what do I get? A Godzilla deck wot I can't even hold in my admittedly undersized hands, let alone shufle.
Ah, the endless gripes of the struggling artist...Oh, the horrors of communication breakdowns... oy vay!!!
The long & short of this sorry ass story, is that we had agreed with my editor @Shff's that the cards would be a nice, comfy, RATIONAL 4.5 inches across in size. I still have the email confirming this. However, shit happened, gremlins infiltrated the ComSyst, the agreement fell into a singularity...and the rest is history, as we can see.
To their credit, Schiff's acknowledged it was their mistake. But by then it was too late. I had a good moan & groan with Pete S. about this and he said he would seriously consider a sort of parallel printing of a human-sized deck. That was a few weeks ago, however. If I don't hear from him by the end of August, I'll chase the matter again.
You're not the only ones to complain about the absurd size. Perhaps you could try contacting Schiffer and giving them a bit of a push in the right direction, if you feel like it.
Me...I really shouldn't grumble too much. Having a deck published these days is quasi-miraculous. But it does piss me off that I can't even hold the deck in my hands without dropping half of it on the floor, it does.
There virtuous grumble over.
Again, and again, and one more again for luck, thank you folks! Your praise, support, faith and kind words heve meant, and do mean a lot to me.
Hugs all around.

desertrat

Dearest Dolores, my heart goes out to you. All that hard work and your deck may not sell as well as it could because of the publisher's stupidity. I fervently hope Schiffer opts for a redo - I think it would benefit everybody if they did. Your deck is too fabulous to be passed by because of the size. I myself would purchase a second smaller sized version. I will attempt the email to Schiffer and keep my fingers crossed. :) Until then, continuing with my ugly shuffle. ;) Best wishes to you! :heart:

VGimlet

I do love the deck, but yeah, I have the same shuffling issue. I still like it though. :D

(And I have the same problem with 95% the Schiffer decks; the lamination is just TOO heavy. Even less lamination would help...ah well, if everything was printed in my prefect little world...LOL )

The Happy Squirrel

As it is, I think the size is glorious.

PathWalker

Ah, sweetness, what a bummer!
I did email Schiffer as soon as I got the deck - but got no reply :(

Maybe I will try again - anyone got any other addys than just the bog-standard one, because it seems no-one reads that one.

FLizarraga

Congratulations!

I find the deck truly stunning, and the size does not bother me. I know it should be hard to handle for some, but it makes easier to make out detail, I'm sure. The 10 of Wands is truly an amazing card. The eyes of that woman are so eloquent, sitting next to her burden. And I like the red details on the Blind Gorgon card.

I admit, however, that I'm a little puzzled by that Hermit card. I mean, it's lovely, but it does not look very Hermit-y to me...

dolores666

This & That

Hello, Gorgonistas! (may I coin this term of homage for you, staunch supporters of the deck?)
Here be a few replies/feedback. Since energy's OK today, individual ones, look you.

dolores666

This & That II

Strings Of Life (forever Stringy in my dozy mind) It's a lovely video indeed, but I can't manage the trick either, worse luck.

Desert Rat (Ratty). Thanks for the sympathy. Every time I look at the shelf where the deck resides I have further kittens. Soon I’ll be able to supply the entire South Side of Hackney’s pet shops. I must say, I’m not ungrateful to Schiffer, but I don’t think much of their communication skills. The only one who seemed endowed with them was my lovely editor. She was well groovy. But the art dept. and the marketing dept. … Don’t get me started….
PS. I take my hat to you, if you can really manage to shuffle the wee monsters. And I thank you for your good wishes.

VGimlet. Yeah, I like the deck, too. But I can’t shuffle it. I think that Schiffer, for all their sweet adventurousness, have a tendency towards the “luxury item”. In the case of this deck, I’d call it a “coffee-table” deck. Oh, well. It’s out; it’s alive; some people don’t mind the size. What more can a Gorgon want?

Happy Squirrel. Isn’t it nice to be a dissident? :) So glad you’re happy with it.

PathWalker. As I was saying, Schiffer aren’t the greatest of communicators. Maybe is policy (ignore them & they’ll go away…). I’ve been trying to communicate with the MarkDept for ages. It always takes three emails (the last two of the terse persuasion) to get them to talk to me. And when they do it’s with something almost totally but not entirely unrelated. Ay que dolor… :)
Thanks for trying anyway.

FLizarranga. Thanks for the nice words re. the deck and the specific compliments for my 10 of Wands. I’ll let the girl featured in it know. I’m sure she’ll be pleased. As for the un-hermity Hermit … have a quick read at the bit in the booklet. If that still doesn’t cut the mustard for you, come back and I’ll see what I can do.

All, stay well, stay groovy, stay stubborn!