Unaspected Mars- Underachiever?

Hawthorne

I've had a look at my natal chart, to the best of my limited ability, and it looks like my natal Mars (which is in Cappy) is unaspected.
Mars in Capricorn should make me serious about career and business and ambitious etc.

However, I've always been an underachiever. Was labelled that way at school, wasted my further and higher education, and I am still the same. I've never found my niche in career and I've been stuck in humdrum work all of my life. I'm capable of so much more, I just don't know what...

So, Unaspected Mars. Could this be a contributing factor to the underachievement and lack of direction I've experienced ?

Minderwiz

In a word 'No'.

In more words, Mars in Capricorn is exalted - that means it has significant power - though how you choose to use it and whether there's 'obstacles' elsewhere can't be determined from one planet in one sign (with or without aspects).

Mars shows your drive but not whether it's well directed or what areas of life it plays out. You may well have the drive but how you direct it is the problem - in your own words 'I just don't know what...'

Can I suggest you post (or pm) your natal details - time date place of birth and I can give you a very brief overview. But I stress 'brief'. I can also give you some pointers in terms of what and how to follow up.