Are you emulating your ascendant more & more?

214red

interesting!

I am Cancer, taurus Asc but most people would say if they had to guess that i am leo. I have venus, mercury, and saturn are all leo. although the food part of taurus people always would identify with me, but they would never say cancer unless they were my family

balenciaga

Maggiemay said:
BTW, I hope you had a fantastic Venus/pluto week end

Ugh, don't mention it! Thanks for asking:)

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
I could debate how relevant Scorpio and Sagittarius are to me now, but I have at least had those as phases.

I'm surprised. Aren't you supposed to have a keen affinity with Scorpio since you have 3 planets there already? Or does this have nothing to do with it?

That being said, Thank you soo much for your explanation on this thread. You have greatly broadened my understanding.

Maggie :)

Maggiemay

Thank you everyone

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I loved reading each post.

A lot of food for thought, right there!

Best regards,

Minderwiz

Maggiemay said:
I'm surprised. Aren't you supposed to have a keen affinity with Scorpio since you have 3 planets there already? Or does this have nothing to do with it?

That being said, Thank you soo much for your explanation on this thread. You have greatly broadened my understanding.

I'm talking about the effect on my Sun, not my chart in general. Don't you pay attention to the thread titles you start? LOL LOL :)

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
I'm talking about the effect on my Sun, not my chart in general. Don't you pay attention to the thread titles you start? LOL LOL :)

:(

Maggie

starless

I'm not really crazy about the idea that the ascendant represents the person's actual appearance, as I look virtually nothing like my ascendant...(at least according to the books written by the astro buffs). It's really hit or miss. Of course [as previously mentioned] there are other aspects in the chart that play a great role in explaining someone's physical appearance.

I am really enjoying everyone's insights on here as well. Fudgazi made a great point about the ascendant/ planet being the ruler of the chart. It really does help or hinder the person, excellent point! I have a lot of Uranus energy in my life alright!

Maggiemay

starless said:
I'm not really crazy about the idea that the ascendant represents the person's actual appearance, as I look virtually nothing like my ascendant...(at least according to the books written by the astro buffs)

I think that for a woman we also have to look at the Moon & Venus and for men, we should look at the Sun & Mars. Or whatever is in the first house.

With a pisces ascendant and Sun+ Jupiter in Taurus, 'technically' I should be bulky and stuff but its not the case at all and that might be because my Moon and Venus are in Aries in my first house. Perhaps, genes also have their say...

Astro-morphology 101...LOL

Cactus

Well, hi, Maggie and everyone, I've been traveling and not checking the forum as much.

But I do have some questions - which describes you physically, your sun or asc? There's no question about that for me because my Sun and Asc is Gemini. As well as Mercury and Mars. So with all that going on, what do "the books" say I'm supposed to be physically (without mentioning to you yet!)

I'm on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini however and my Venus is in Taurus. I love love love gooood food and drink, and then the Gemini kicks in because I can't be bored EVER and good food and drink alleviates boredom...(I can never ever diet because the food would be too boring for me!)

But I will never outgrow the Gemini influence. Sometimes it's negative (talk waaayy too much, too quickly, can't get to the point) and sometimes it very positive in that many people have said I'm very well spoken. And my friends all say that I'm so fun and never ever boring. I'm not. Ever. I love a good party, good friends, family get togethers, music (the major Neptune influence) and emotion (Moon in Pisces).

So physically, I could be the Gemini type but there are forces (Venus, Taurus cusp) that are fighting it...

sweet_intuition

Everytime I try to emulate my ascendant, Libra, I tend to wind up in a whole lotta trouble. And even though I'm not too fond of my sign, Capricorn, whenever I tend to embody it, things just seem to work out... go figure