Are you emulating your ascendant more & more?

Kibeth

Minderwiz said:
Well the modern view is that it's the way (the 'mask') you project to others and therefore it is how others see you.

Wear a mask for long enough and you become the mask. - V

and er ... think deeply on the quote.

blueviolet

This is an interesting theory about our rising becoming stronger as we grow older. However I don't think it overpowers our sun, I just think we find more of a balance, or that each aspect in our chart, including our rising, becomes strengthened -- as we expand and grow as a whole.
I was very shy as a child, a true introvert, living in my fantasy world. A typical Piscean. I'm still a true Piscean, but my rising in Libra has helped me to open up more, communicate, and apply more of an analytical/ discerning system of thinking to my otherwise emotional dreamy sense. But I think it also magnifies the opposing directional pulls when I'm swinging back and forth on decisions!

sweet_intuition said:
Everytime I try to emulate my ascendant, Libra, I tend to wind up in a whole lotta trouble. And even though I'm not too fond of my sign, Capricorn, whenever I tend to embody it, things just seem to work out... go figure

Funny! I can relate - my ascendant is also Libra, and I find trouble when I embody my rising sign as well lol. My sun is Pisces, and I'm at home there and very happy with it.

Kibeth

Aw... Libras aren't only argumentative people, they're usually beautiful people as well, them being ruled by venus goddess of beauty. My perfectionist spirit desires to make things perfect and I always welcome a libran's input on how to best do something, I love an intellectual challenge!

If you think swinging between two sides is bad, try having a Gemini moon. You'd hate and love someone at the same time, feel two emotions at the same time it's like having a freaky twin!

Bernice

Originally Posted by Minderwiz
Well the modern view is that it's the way (the 'mask') you project to others and therefore it is how others see you.
My non-modern view is that is shows the immediate environment and one's most likely response to it. So in my case based on this, I would say that over time I do seem to have more of the ascendant sign in my immediate surroundings, and I also appear to respond to immediate things more 'politically'.

But that may be due to eventually arriving at a point where all other chart factors are able to function more amicably through the sign......

Bee :)

Minderwiz

Well my extremely old view is that it's a significator for your body and general health, vitality and physical wellbeing. As your vitality affects the way in which you do interact with your environment, I don't see much difference to Bee's statement.

I'm not madly keen on modern views, but there are times when I express them simply to give a little balance (My Sun is in LIbra LOL)

214red

Minderwiz said:
Well my extremely old view is that it's a significator for your body and general health, vitality and physical wellbeing. As your vitality affects the way in which you do interact with your environment, I don't see much difference to Bee's statement.

I'm not madly keen on modern views, but there are times when I express them simply to give a little balance (My Sun is in LIbra LOL)

i like the fact you try and see both sides and both views!
i would have to say that i would agree on the health and the physical body shape most of the times (always the odd times it fails).
I say this as a taurean that had an op for my digestive tract! Although body wise i dont look like a bull, am more like a bean pole!

Minderwiz

Thank you. However much of the time my injections of 'balance' are the other way round and I try to give a more traditional view. LOL

Incidentally my daughter is a Virgo Ascendant and much of her health issues surround nervous stomach ailments, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

214red

Minderwiz said:
Thank you. However much of the time my injections of 'balance' are the other way round and I try to give a more traditional view. LOL

Incidentally my daughter is a Virgo Ascendant and much of her health issues surround nervous stomach ailments, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
my taurus Acs and Moon means stomach issues also usually relate to emotional times, being cancerian doesnt help.

prudence

Hmm, my sun and asc are Pisces, but I am not sure what that really means, maybe I have fishy eyes? :D Though I do tend to suffer from stomach ailments as well, nerves playing a big role in that. (is that a Virgo thing? My DC is in Virgo, 7th house)

Minderwiz

Well Pisces 'rules' the feet, so I would have expected that, all other things being equal, feet problems would have been more likely. Also water retention might be an issue.

Where is Jupiter placed in your chart and what aspects does he receive?