comparative tarot...

Ravenswing

hey, new deck--

old idea-- i think. kind of funny. in the development of my deck, i'm using four decks as my 'references'.

from the east, my air deck is the one and only thoth. to me, this is a mental, swords level deck.
from the south, the fire of the deva deck-- heavy on spirit. so much so that there's a fifth suit just for spirit.
from the west, the universal waite. pastel colors have always been a cup level thing for me.
from the north, the wiccan and earthy robin wood deck.

to me, four decks seem right for comparison. from the mathematical viewpoint, it's tetrahedral-- primary structure.

so-- what four decks would/do you use if you wanted a 'rounder' picture??

awaiting answers...
raven

Jewel

I love your idea here Ravenswing! Using your own format I think this is what I would do:

Ravenswing said:
from the east, my air deck is the one and only thoth. to me, this is a mental, swords level deck.
I absolutly agree!
Ravenswing said:
from the south, the fire of the deva deck-- heavy on spirit.
I would use the Cosmic Tribe here. There is a creative force and passion about this deck that reminds me of fire.
Ravenswing said:
from the west, the universal waite.
I think I would use the Fey Tarot by LS ... there is magic about it.
Ravenswing said:
from the north, the wiccan and earthy robin wood deck.
Again, here I would do the same thing you would.

I had never thought about a comparative deck from elemental point of view before ... this was very interesting to me as I find that I am quite elementally driven.

This deck would definetly have the interchangeability of Strength and Justice depending on how the reader chose to place them as not all decks share the same order in the majors.

By adding the CT it would be interesting to see the groupings of the courts ... by structure that would mean that the Queens would be with the Kings of the Robin Wood and Fey and the Knights of the Thoth! That would really set me to pondering. Although I do not read the CT Queens quite like traditional Kings.