where do you store your card decks?

Eyebright

The decks I use most are kept in my bedside table within easy reach. I do most of my reading on the bed. I wish I had a whole room I could devote to Tarot and my spiritual work. Maybe one day...

The rest I keep in a plastic storage box under the bed like Sulis. There is plenty of air circulating through it so don't worry! I am getting close to the stage where I will need a second storage container for my decks though. I think the one full of shoes will soon be cleared out. I don't really need so many pairs of shoes right?!.... :D

WalesWoman

Most of my decks are stored in wooden boxes (the perks of making them and getting to keep the glitched ones for myself)... our house is small and our bed did not have a real headboard, so it is actually the top half of a china hutch with shelves and drawers and such. The bottom half is in the living room as a TV stand/ movie storage. Tarot books have stuffed my shelf section and the boxes are on the top... I ran out of room on my half of the top shelf, so put all the tarots in bags in large basket beside the bed and now that is overflowing... so it's time to clean off some other shelves I store my arty stuff on and move everything.

I dream of a bigger house with lots and lots of wall space for shelves... but that isn't happening anytime soon. But my kids will grow up and leave at some point... so I'll have extra room then.

aranarose

lilaclona said:
So here's a photo of my closet:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/loontje/P1030454v2.jpg

This isn't the first topic about this subject , but I was just wondering: Where do you store your card decks? Feel free to share photo's.

I have some of those decks LOL

I have a bookcase that I store my decks on. For the most part, they are in their original boxes. Of course, sometimes those boxes get worn out when it's a deck I frequently use, so I use Tarot bags if I'm going to be using a deck a lot. I'm considering ordering some custom-sized wood boxes from a lovely shop on Etsy for some of my most absolutely favorite decks. She'll even laser-etch a card image on the box if I want! Not cheap, but they'll be oh so worth it.

MusicalPisces

Oh, I'm so jealous that all of you have so much storage...and even more jealous that you have a need for so much storage!! You all have so many decks! I only have two, and I keep them in a little bag that I have which I wrap in a scarf and keep in my closet. Not very elaborate, but I also still live at home and stuff. But one day, I will have my own house and a giant shelf filled with tarot books and decks!! :)

KMilliron

I have four decks. Two of which are mini, one of which is being lent out to my cousin. I have the other three on me at all times. No need for storage.

Dusk Till Dawn

Le Fanu said:
I'm so jealous of these people that have shelves with lots of space on them (like the O.P and DeadlyNightshade). I really have no idea where to go next with my storage. I'm having to think of having a clear out even though I really don't want to. Just because it has now become quite impossible. And more stuff on the way. Fortunately they are all kept at a house I don't even live in! And still, when I go there for brief periods of time, I cannot get to anything.

I also have this old suitcase by the bed with the most used ones...
I love the idea with the Suitcase!! If Sam would stay out of that , I would do that too.
Also, you have room, just throw out all your clothes out of the bedroom, and there you go. LOL. I actually had to do that.

cronegoddess54

Le Fanu said:
I'm so jealous of these people that have shelves with lots of space on them (like the O.P and DeadlyNightshade). I really have no idea where to go next with my storage. I'm having to think of having a clear out even though I really don't want to. Just because it has now become quite impossible. And more stuff on the way. Fortunately they are all kept at a house I don't even live in! And still, when I go there for brief periods of time, I cannot get to anything.

I also have this old suitcase by the bed with the most used ones...
OMGosh Le Fanu how can you leave your cards in a house that you don't even live in?? Don't you miss them? That would drive me absolutely Crazy! Even if I do not pull them out and look at them I have to have them near me...you must have a very very large collection! My cards are in a bookshelf in my bedroom...I used to have them in an old display case that I sold at a yard sell..now I kick myself :(

Kreative-Dragon

I am amazed by the amount of Tarot decks some of you guys have. I am going to have TWO soon, and the thought of that is daunting.
As my dad said "they do the same thing, why do you need more than one?"
I love my Fathers support in this venture XP

At this moment, My Dragon Tarot Deck, Dragon Oracle Deck, and my unfinished handmade deck are all in a bag I bought from a neat store here. This bag basically lives inside my 1941 German Military Bread/Messenger bag. My version of a purse. It goes EVERYWHERE with me, and I think that add's to our relationship XP

But i would love that suitcase. *drool*

Le Fanu

cronegoddess54 said:
OMGosh Le Fanu how can you leave your cards in a house that you don't even live in?? Don't you miss them? That would drive me absolutely Crazy! Even if I do not pull them out and look at them I have to have them near me...you must have a very very large collection! My cards are in a bookshelf in my bedroom...I used to have them in an old display case that I sold at a yard sell..now I kick myself :(
But that's why I have the bedside suitcase. All my most used decks I have duplicates of and they're in the suitcase. I have about 15-20 decks by the bed and they are my go-to decks anyway. The rare times I'm at my place, I reach for some long forgotten deck and have a play but I'm pretty much established with my favourites now so I don't miss the others.

Also, with this suitcase, in case of a disaster (fire, earthquake...) I can just slam it shut and run!

Middy1452

Kreative-Dragon said:
"they do the same thing, why do you need more than one?"
Lol, I hear you on this one! As I'm sure do many others here.

Middy