what do you do with your old tarot decks?

Minotauro

I figure if no one loves it it's just paper. Why clutter up my house and life with something that drags me down and that no one wants?

I know I kow
XC thats why Im asking! ugh! I recently got rid of tons of stuff I didnt really need , but I ouldnt part with it , but did you read the suggetsion above , about leaving them hidden for people? I think Im gonna do that , it'll be easir for me to part with them =P

Cassandra022

there's also a thread here in talking tarot about lost and found cards...you could either ask people if anyone has the lost card to give you, or you could offer the rest of the cards for anyone else who might be missing a single card from that deck...

Minotauro

I've given gifts where I arranged the person's Tarot Constellation set in a frame to hang.

nisaba & others do readings where they use only the Majors, the Courts, and the Aces.

yeah thats what I did with a deck I didnt really like n.n , 10 nyears with a deck is a lot =P I've given away my first 2 decks , =P
but of course Im really jsut a noob compared to most people here lol

Minotauro

there's also a thread here in talking tarot about lost and found cards...you could either ask people if anyone has the lost card to give you, or you could offer the rest of the cards for anyone else who might be missing a single card from that deck...

the thing is Im from mexico , and it'd be really troublesome for me to try and do that ._. lol

jackdaw*

I have an oracle deck I didn't gel with, and a couple of cards got badly damaged. I didn't care enough for it in the end to get those cards replaced, and the cards were too badly damaged to trade/sell/give the deck as is.

So I broke up the deck. Sent single cards along with exchanges, wrote notes in Sharpie on the back, tucked random cards into library books, put a single card in with each of my decks with notes on each deck: when and how I acquired each, from whom, how much I paid, etc.

Grigori

Bookmarks. Lots and lots of bookmarks :)

NikkiB

I leave single cards in random places as a kind of art project. :p

The best one I did was an Swiss 1JJ that was water damaged. I totally had fun and wrote the meanings on the cards, or a single card fortune for whoever picked it up.

I even saw one of them get picked up - the guy read what I'd written and smiled and put it in his pocket.

I am doing the housewives tarot right now. It's not quite the same.

I think there was a thread about that somewhere....

yeah this is what I would do if I had cards missing, i think its fun, could brighten someones day! where did you leave them? I might just do it with a deck I dont want anyway! Love the idea!

littleiris

i've used them for meditation and spell work.

even used them as place cards for a sit down dinner.

bookmarks.

my mom once used an old deck when she dressed up for halloween as a gypsy fortune teller.

Cerulean

If it recyclable on any way

I have given away single cards given from vendors, gathered freebie ones with old postcards and made oracle card holders and boxes and what is not used gets recycled. I think it is fine if everyone who needs to can declutter in however they want to do so.

Sometimes clutter is sadder... and the act of clearing and cleaning is best for the beholder, in however form it takes. Why should someone feel they need to ask permission if they want to recycle in their own way? This is probably just my own thinking out loud--there decks and books I do not feel the need to recycle at all...but my own mish-mash experiments have to be decluttered quite a bit, even if they involve decks. Sometimes the odd humorous regret is kept for a reminder.

I figure if no one loves it it's just paper. Why clutter up my house and life with something that drags me down and that no one wants?

Minotauro

Bookmarks. Lots and lots of bookmarks :)
hahaha yes I think I will in fact keep some as bookmarks , but they are regular rider waite cards wich to me arent awefully pretty haha Ill lkeep my favourite cards haha