what do you do with your old tarot decks?

Minotauro

i've used them for meditation and spell work.

even used them as place cards for a sit down dinner.

bookmarks.

my mom once used an old deck when she dressed up for halloween as a gypsy fortune teller.

meditation is a good idea , I do like teh deck I learned a lot from it , it was my first rider waite <3

Storm82

I do crafts with them, mostly papercrafts

so please please PLEASE dont throw you old decks away! send them to me :)

nisaba

when they're really worn off , or when a card is missing etc?
In the first instance, I keep them! One of my favourite ecquisitions was a copy of a seventies deck that I picked up second-hand, where the paper had been worn so thin by constant use over the decades that it was a struggle to see the images, they had been written-on by their prewvious owners, they were flaking (where they were thick enough to flake) and they have to really, really be handled with care. It';s a goldmine, a divine deck. I can't imagine a deck too worn to use.

When a card is missing - well, as long as I don't know ...

Write to the publisher? Use it for dropping a random card somewhere randomly in public to entertain yourself and to synchronisticaly hit someone else?

Minotauro

I do crafts with them, mostly papercrafts

so please please PLEASE dont throw you old decks away! send them to me :)

I actually want to do crafts with it , because I love it , so what kind of crafts do you do with it?

Minotauro

In the first instance, I keep them! One of my favourite ecquisitions was a copy of a seventies deck that I picked up second-hand, where the paper had been worn so thin by constant use over the decades that it was a struggle to see the images, they had been written-on by their prewvious owners, they were flaking (where they were thick enough to flake) and they have to really, really be handled with care. It';s a goldmine, a divine deck. I can't imagine a deck too worn to use.

When a card is missing - well, as long as I don't know ...

Write to the publisher? Use it for dropping a random card somewhere randomly in public to entertain yourself and to synchronisticaly hit someone else?
XD well that last suggestion sounds like fun :p

lark

I've had one deck I had to let go...I burned it, put the ashes in a little draw string bag and hung it in a tree so the ashes could leave as they wanted too.
Silly maybe, but it made me feel better about letting it go.

Minotauro

I've had one deck I had to let go...I burned it, put the ashes in a little draw string bag and hung it in a tree so the ashes could leave as they wanted too.
Silly maybe, but it made me feel better about letting it go.

well yes. maybe just letting in the bookshelve miht be a little bit sad too , unused getting dust :C I dont know u.u

Storm82

I actually want to do crafts with it , because I love it , so what kind of crafts do you do with it?

mostly paper right now
im not sure what to call it... paintings with cards and some other things atached ? :D

wish I had a camera so I could show you

VGimlet

yeah this is what I would do if I had cards missing, i think its fun, could brighten someones day! where did you leave them? I might just do it with a deck I dont want anyway! Love the idea!

All over the place. :D On my way to and from the bus stopin library books, on the bus. When we go out of town, I leave them in random spots, in parks, wherever I find somewhere fun.

vision777

I found out my 8 of sword was missing from my hanson roberts deck it was a very small pocket deck. so I threw the rest of cards away and brought me a new Hanson Roberts deck. Now that I read your blog I regret throwing them away I could of kept them. I felt because one card was missing the deck was useless but I should of kept the rest of the deck :(.