Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Soaring Eagle

I think I would like to give this a go, hmm what deck to choose, I love them all.

Well i have been kinda working with the Haindl this week, and that is truly a deck that could use an intensive study, but I would really like to get to know my deviant moon a bit better, then there is my Hezicos tarot, I had a dream about a specific card from this deck a few nights ago and I have never before had a tarot related dream, so maybe my subconscious is more in tune with this deck, and as the original post says better to let the deck choose you than the other way round.

Ok Im gonna wait till the kids are in bed and go through my decks before choosing, be back soon :)

Oh and thanx for doing this Soaring Eagle

Not a problem. I truly enjoy learning and reading other peoples responses. As I tend to be on AT all day anyway, I may as well be responsible and aid others in their study efforts. I hope you find the "right" deck for your IDS. Good luck in your studies.

hunter

I think the keywords are "as close to exclusively" just so that you can truly focus on your IDS.

I hope you will join us in our studies.

Shame on me for reading the intro too fast and missing the "close to" :)

I'm going to use my pink playing cards as a tarot deck, using "Astrology and Tarot" to assign the majors. I'll also supplement with information from the book from "Tarot of the Vampyres" kit, "Spiritual Tarot" and some other books. I've been having some amazing readings.

Ivy Rhiannon

Hello all! I would love to join! I am picking my new Animals Divine Tarot :D Should be very interesting. Here are my guidelines:

I will
* Study the Animal's Divine for 3 months starting 10.2.11
* Do as many readings as possible with my Animals Divine.
* I will only read with other decks for my daily draw (as that is in rotation of my whole collection) and when a sitter prefers another.
* Study at least one new card each day and journal my findings.
* Write a short story for each card, from one paragraph to one page.
* Try to do as much research for the symbolism and animals in the cards as possible.
* Still buy and open any new decks, but will not spend "quality" time with them. I will focus on my Animals Divine only.

Thanks for opening this thread Soaring Eagle! Looks like a lot of fun. :D Question though...do we open our own IDS thread and post our findings there?

Penthasilia

Participant list

What a lovely thread- so excited to join!

I am going to choose the Maat tarot. I just received it and feel drawn to the deck in a way I haven't felt since I cracked open my Greenwood so long ago.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I will study the Maat tarot for three months- Oct-Dec 2011
2. I will only read with another tarot for others (Greenwood), and not use the Maat for any purposes other than my own studying/readings until done.
3. I will journal at least 3 times weekly regarding my studies/impressions
4. I will delve into the astrological aspects of the cards, as well as the meanings
5. I will not buy any other decks than those on my wishlist during this time (relatively small)
6. I will not read with any new decks during this time, and only use the Maat for personal readings.
7. I will NOT be afraid to ask for help/guidance when I am stuck.

Amy

hunter

Hmm..I will need to think about what my specific goals are. It is helpful to be reading everyone else's goals.

janie144

Ok Im in and I will be using Mary Griffins Hezicos Tarot, there has to be a reason I had a dream about this specific deck and I would like to explore that further.

Here are my goals:

My IDS will last for 3 months October - December.

I aim to work solely with the Hezicos tarot for 3 months whilst working through my recently aquired Antenucci`s Psychic Tarot.

My goal is to be better able to intuitively read the Hezicos tarot, I also aim to be more personally aquainted with the courts.

I will choose one card per day, at night as a reflection of the day so that I may better understand what each card means to me personally and I will journal my findings.

I will do one reading each week (on any subject) using a 3-5 card spread.

I will ask for help if I need it rather than just giving up (as usual)

I will offer help and encouragement to fellow IDSers if and when I can.

I will post here on a regular basis.

And finally *I do solemnly pledge to be the bestest student I possibly can be* :D

Soaring Eagle

Ok, I'm caught up to here. Good luck to everyone in their IDS!!!

Soaring Eagle

Hello all! I would love to join! I am picking my new Animals Divine Tarot :D Should be very interesting. Here are my guidelines:

I will
* I will only read with other decks for my daily draw (as that is in rotation of my whole collection) and when a sitter prefers another.
* Try to do as much research for the symbolism and animals in the cards as possible.
* Still buy and open any new decks, but will not spend "quality" time with them. I will focus on my Animals Divine only.

Thanks for opening this thread Soaring Eagle! Looks like a lot of fun. :D Question though...do we open our own IDS thread and post our findings there?

Please post your findings in this thread.

Minotauro

I will

OH I have this dek but I havent used it because it requires me to learn sop many legends and gods from diferent cultures! so it should be interesting to see what you come up with!
:)
looking forward to your posts.

Penthasilia

Funny how things work-

Since I will be working with the Maat tarot, I decided to keep track of the moon movements on my calendar and see that the moon will be passing into Aquarius- my sign, mid-week. So it seems that is when things will get started. Nothing like "divine" inspiration :)

Also- they have a Maat app for the iPhone (bought)- how cool is that??!!!