Is it wrong to use Tarot to find answers for deeper and mysterious questions?

The crowned one

like dealing with deep questions about life, what life is, or what anything is altogether. Also, how big things in history actually happened and why. The mysteries of life and living on Earth as well.

Not really use the Tarot for "everyday relationship issues questions" or anything like that.

Is it "wrong" no, thinking and exploration is always good. Will you find your answers? Maybe. The truth? Perhaps from your subjective point of view. The Empirical? Not without testing what you find. People tend to use tarot passively for those big questions, get an answer and move on, rather then putting that answer to some real world testing. Test your findings and get back to us, you are asking questions you could easily answer yourself.

videojob8

Never mind........

GryffinSong

Is asking the Tarot something every day too much?

You're asking us a lot of questions about how to use tarot. Here's the thing ... ultimately, only YOU can answer this question. Each of us uses tarot a little differently. One attempts to find out objective truth about a situation. Another to explore their subconscious wishes. Another to attempt to determine a future outcome, and much more.

Some draw everyday. Some draw once a month. Some draw whenever they feel "called" to do so.

This is no right or wrong answer here.

I think what people are trying to say, is that if you ask "big" questions, you need time to reflect, absorb what you've seen, interpret, and think about the cards. That to ask, assume an answer, and immediately move on, is to probably miss the greater learnings. You could spend your entire life working on "what is the meaning of life," depending on how deeply you want to go. If you're drawing in order to grow as a person, then as soon as you have some insight that helps you, and feel like it, draw another card. It can't hurt anything, in my opinion.

I'm doing a daily draw right now in the Deck of the Week group. Just one to three cards, and all about my life situation and/or feelings. Each day I get insight or clarity about what I want, reassurance I'm on the right path, ideas to broaden my perspective, etc. For me, these daily draws are about improving myself, and its very valuable to me.

As to the cards stopping working. I don't believe the cards can start or stop working on their own merit. I believe that when they aren't "working" its that our own mind is burnt out on that deck, that question, or simply needs a break of some kind. Our intuition (or whatever connection) is simply not being accessed. As an artist, a parallel would be that we're feeling a creative slump. Finding it hard to get out of our logical left brain thinking into that creative, intuitive, right brain thinking.

Ultimately, you need to seek and find your own path. There are many paths up the mountain, and none of us can be absolutely certain that the mountain even exists.

PAMUYA

like dealing with deep questions about life, what life is, or what anything is altogether. Also, how big things in history actually happened and why. The mysteries of life and living on Earth as well.

Not really use the Tarot for "everyday relationship issues questions" or anything like that.

I do pull a daily card for study. I use tarot to study myself, all the answers about life is already within you.

EyeAmEye

Define Vatican :) SOME people simply (and carelessly) refer to the POPE that way; others to the Vatican council; others - whatever.

I do think if you overdo tarot by asking the same things over and over, it can stop working for you for a while. Like a torch whose batteries need recharging !

Now you're just being difficult! :)

Point taken. Even "The Vatican" might be too broad.

Your second point is taken also. It is entirely possible you are correct.

gregory

Is asking the Tarot something every day too much?
Something - no. The same question every day (unless it is just what the day can bring) yes. If you ask every day "does he love me" - there is no point.

Now you're just being difficult! :)

Point taken. Even "The Vatican" might be too broad.

Your second point is taken also. It is entirely possible you are correct.
ME - difficult ? Never })

I MEANT every word, truly I did :D

AJ

I think you all are having your collective leg pulled, over and over again and you keep sticking out your leg for more.
just my 2 cents.

Kris Hughes

Hmmmm - no question is "wrong" but not all questions are "wise". If you fully, deeply and wisely understand the question you are asking - well, you probably don't need to ask it!!

If you really don't understand the question very well, then I think it is fair to say that you should not expect the answer you get through divination to be straightforward and easy to understand, either. Quite possibly the answer will be/seem quite veiled, obtuse, etc. Quite possibly the answer you get will be offering you only the next little piece of what you need to know. What you need to know either in direct reference to your question, or perhaps even what you need to know to be able to understand the answer, or even just pushing you toward what question you need to be asking (instead of the one you started with) in order to gain the wisdom which will actually benefit you.

gregory

I think you all are having your collective leg pulled, over and over again and you keep sticking out your leg for more.
just my 2 cents.

OK - I believe you !

Thread abandoned, by moi at any rate :D

MsRed

Before you ask "is it wrong to ask these questions?" I guess you should ask yourself if you really want to know the answer. Think about it - what would you do if you really found out why we people are here, what is our purpose, and if there is one at all? Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound disrespectful, but really: what would you do with such knowledge? Would it do you any good?

Yesterday, I saw a BBC documentary that reminds me a bit of that question. The documentary was about researchers and how they tried to find out about the basic structure of elemental particles and thereby the universe itself. All the time I wondered: what will humanity do if we discovered such knowledge? Will it do us any good? How sad would it be to know absolutely everything about our world, without leaving anything to spiritual explanations or "faith", without the least bit of wonder.