Tarot deck dilemma, what would you do?

INIVEA

I am in a dilemma, I would like to hear what you would suggest, that if you are or were in these shoes, what would you do.

I have for 32 days now been working with a Tarot deck. This deck is just now starting to open up, took a lot of work, to get it to start talking, it's not yet chatty, but it is warming up, it is still a bit evasive. I was stubborn to work with this deck, even though I had difficulty connecting to it. This deck is, The New Paladini Tarot, which does lack a lot symbolism, I really like how the faces are drawn on each of the cards, I do like the how the deck, has a lot of black and white, with bright beautiful colors.

Then I saw a Thread here on the Llewellyn Classic Tarot, did a search on it, watched youtube videos, fell in love with it, This was the RWS deck I have been pinning for since I started getting into Tarot, none of the RWS decks or clones, did I like, no connection to them at all. But this Clone, wow, instant connection, instant attraction. Totally delighted with it, that I even made up a new abbreviation for it ( LMS ) for Llewellyn Moore Smith, This is the Smith deck for me.

Now here is the dilemma

I have done some readings with The New Paladini deck, that hasn't yet been completed (interpreted). Here on one hand, I have the LMS deck screaming out for attention, wanting to be used and talked to. While on the other hand I have the New Paladini deck, just keeps shying away, but making effort to be sociable.

So what would you do?

I am doing the Know Thyself study group.

Finish the reading using a deck that is shy, evasive, but tries to be sociable, or finish the reading using the deck, that is a conversationist, like someone who chats up a storm at a party.

SunChariot

I am in a dilemma, I would like to hear what you would suggest, that if you are or were in these shoes, what would you do.

I have for 32 days now been working with a Tarot deck. This deck is just now starting to open up, took a lot of work, to get it to start talking, it's not yet chatty, but it is warming up, it is still a bit evasive. I was stubborn to work with this deck, even though I had difficulty connecting to it. This deck is, The New Paladini Tarot, which does lack a lot symbolism, I really like how the faces are drawn on each of the cards, I do like the how the deck, has a lot of black and white, with bright beautiful colors.

Then I saw a Thread here on the Llewellyn Classic Tarot, did a search on it, watched youtube videos, fell in love with it, This was the RWS deck I have been pinning for since I started getting into Tarot, none of the RWS decks or clones, did I like, no connection to them at all. But this Clone, wow, instant connection, instant attraction. Totally delighted with it, that I even made up a new abbreviation for it ( LMS ) for Llewellyn Moore Smith, This is the Smith deck for me.

Now here is the dilemma

I have done some readings with The New Paladini deck, that hasn't yet been completed (interpreted). Here on one hand, I have the LMS deck screaming out for attention, wanting to be used and talked to. While on the other hand I have the New Paladini deck, just keeps shying away, but making effort to be sociable.

So what would you do?

I am doing the Know Thyself study group.

Finish the reading using a deck that is shy, evasive, but tries to be sociable, or finish the reading using the deck, that is a conversationist, like someone who chats up a storm at a party.

My belief is that decks do not have personalities. They are not shy or evasive but are just sheets of printed cardboard. WE ourselves can do some pretty miraculous things with the,. But the magic and connection is coming from inside us, not from the cards.

We are naturally more compatible with certain decks than with others, just as we are wtih some people more than others. We understand teh ones that think like us better.

Those are my beliefs. My advice is to put aside any readings you did with the first deck for now and start over with the new one. If it called to you you are likely compatible with it. I would put the first deck away for the time being and see what you can learn by workign with the new one.

Later on, you can go back to the first if it calls to you, but I'd say first learn on the one you find easier.

Babs

HallowedNight

Personally, I would stick with the deck you're already using. I had a sort of similar situation when I got my first deck (the Fantastical Creatures Tarot by Lisa Hunt); when I first started using it, it was suuuper snarky and has always been that way ever since. However, the more I used it, the better it got...and then I took a little hiatus, and when I came back to that deck, it was completely unruly again, and I'm just starting to get some good responses from it again, and I've really fallen in love with it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're making progress with a deck, sticking with it is probably the best path if you wanna get even more familiar with it. Of course, it's always fun to play with new decks, so maybe switching back and forth between them would work too! Go with your gut; that's what most of tarot is about anyway, I've found~

SunChariot

Go with your gut; that's what most of tarot is about anyway, I've found~

In the end, that is always the best advice. No one else can feel what is the right path, but you.

Babs

INIVEA

My belief is that decks do not have personalities. They are not shy or evasive but are just sheets of printed cardboard. WE ourselves can do some pretty miraculous things with the,. But the magic and connection is coming from inside us, not from the cards.

We are naturally more compatible with certain decks than with others, just as we are wtih some people more than others. We understand teh ones that think like us better.

Those are my beliefs.

That is a great way to view the cards, so I can then say that the magic and connection that comes from with in me just isn't coming through as easily with the New Paladini Tarot but more easily (visually) with the LMS deck. which would then make the LMS deck more compatible for me.

My advice is to put aside any readings you did with the first deck for now and start over with the new one. If it called to you you are likely compatible with it. I would put the first deck away for the time being and see what you can learn by workign with the new one.

Later on, you can go back to the first if it calls to you, but I'd say first learn on the one you find easier.

Babs

I have had since I've started working with Tarot, that only 5 decks, have ever called out to me, and as you say compatible, but a couple of those decks, I just got bored or lost interest in them, it was the Artwork, I wanted new exciting Artwork, lol

I am feeling, that I would like to put this deck aside for a bit, send it on a nice vacation.

That's a great Idea, to start the readings over with the new one ( LMS ) and see how compatible we are when we actually start interacting. I haven't yet used this deck at all, only looked at the cards. The deck is still in it's original order (out of the box), I have read the companion book and I really resonate with Barbara Moore words, it clicks.

However, I am feeling that because I have made such progress with the New Paladini Tarot, that this is will happen.

Personally, I would stick with the deck you're already using. I had a sort of similar situation when I got my first deck (the Fantastical Creatures Tarot by Lisa Hunt); when I first started using it, it was suuuper snarky and has always been that way ever since. However, the more I used it, the better it got...and then I took a little hiatus, and when I came back to that deck, it was completely unruly again

This is what I am concerned about, worried that I would have to start the whole process again, 32 days is a long time to connect with a deck, to understand it's messages. 32 days of daily draws, readings, etc. I will say that the deck called out to my subconscious, and there wasn't the compatibility visually at first. I grew on me the more I used it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're making progress with a deck, sticking with it is probably the best path if you wanna get even more familiar with it. Of course, it's always fun to play with new decks, so maybe switching back and forth between them would work too! Go with your gut; that's what most of tarot is about anyway, I've found~

Yeah, I have been wanting to stick with this deck, I do like the results I get, even though I have to sit with the card for sometime to see its message. Working with the 2 of them is a great idea.

That's is where I was in the dilemma, I / my gut wants both worlds, just didn't want to cheat on myself, and not complete what I started with. (unfinished business), stepping away from a reading. I thought that would be not a cool thing to do.

DesertDream

In my own impulsiveness id probley buy the WOW deck lol. That wowd me. But i think you should finish with your deck now because it looks like its really teaching you lessons on how to speak with a deck that is on a different leval than what you want and i think it can teach you many lessons. Maybe after you are done reward yourself with the deck after you finished with the other one. Just my .02c's but if it gets to an insuffurable leval and you cant go on just get the other. Our minds need a change of sceanery sometimes. I lpve my soulcards alot but these last two days im getting the need to switch my deck cause my eyes need a rest and mind a fresh perspective. Ill stick with it tho after my short rest because i use this not for divination tool but spiritual tool aid me on my journey and it still has LOADS AND VOLUMES to teach me.

LindaMechele

Whatever I did, I'd finish the reading with the Palladini. I think it'd be an interesting exercise to redo it with the LMS though, a fully new reading on the same question to compare. I'd also lay out the same cards with the LMS as the current reading with the Palladini, also to compare. (That's the excuse anyway - "interesting exercise" - yeah. ��)

I'm not one to full out anthropomorphize decks, calling them "him" or "her". But I do think they have personalities. Now whether that comes from the spirits, energy, or what-have-you, OR from my own feelings doesn't matter to me - the end result is the same. It's easier for me to treat them as individuals, as friends, like my human ones. Force of habit I guess, but it helps deepen and strengthen my tarot experience, so I do it.

With that in mind, I'd also ask the Palladini if it would mind taking a vacation for a bit, say a week, or other specified time. That way, when I come back to it, it either won't be snarky because I treated it with respect or I won't project my guilty feelings onto it, making it seem that way.

If it felt right I'd come back to the Palladini, but only if it felt right. Life's too short and full of fighting other things to fight a deck.

INIVEA

In my own impulsiveness id probley buy the WOW deck lol. That wowd me. But i think you should finish with your deck now because it looks like its really teaching you lessons on how to speak with a deck that is on a different leval than what you want and i think it can teach you many lessons. Maybe after you are done reward yourself with the deck after you finished with the other one. Just my .02c's but if it gets to an insuffurable leval and you cant go on just get the other. Our minds need a change of sceanery sometimes. I lpve my soulcards alot but these last two days im getting the need to switch my deck cause my eyes need a rest and mind a fresh perspective. Ill stick with it tho after my short rest because i use this not for divination tool but spiritual tool aid me on my journey and it still has LOADS AND VOLUMES to teach me.

LOL Desert, you really do know me, lol oh yeah the WOW, deck and that is the LMS for me. okay I am sooo WOW'd, I give, lol

You know, your right, I should finish, and yes the deck has taught me a lot, and on whole different level, than what I am used to, and yes there is more it can teach me.

The reward idea sounds good, but I am like you the change of scenery is nice too. :D

I am glad your enjoying the Soul cards, :thumbsup:

INIVEA

I'm not one to full out anthropomorphize decks, calling them "him" or "her". But I do think they have personalities. Now whether that comes from the spirits, energy, or what-have-you, OR from my own feelings doesn't matter to me - the end result is the same. It's easier for me to treat them as individuals, as friends, like my human ones. Force of habit I guess, but it helps deepen and strengthen my tarot experience, so I do it.

This is how I view my decks, I will describe them with traits, as in how I am resonating with them. as you say; not all people do you get on with. lol or you do but they just have those traits, you know.

Whatever I did, I'd finish the reading with the Palladini. I think it'd be an interesting exercise to redo it with the LMS though, a fully new reading on the same question to compare. I'd also lay out the same cards with the LMS as the current reading with the Palladini, also to compare. (That's the excuse anyway - "interesting exercise" - yeah. ��)

Yeah this so does, My Study Friend also came up with an Idea to, that will work, so I'll combine these ideas, make it a fun exercise :)

With that in mind, I'd also ask the Palladini if it would mind taking a vacation for a bit, say a week, or other specified time. That way, when I come back to it, it either won't be snarky because I treated it with respect or I won't project my guilty feelings onto it, making it seem that way.

If it felt right I'd come back to the Palladini, but only if it felt right. Life's too short and full of fighting other things to fight a deck.

Yeah, after I finish the study questions, I will ask if the deck would like to go on vacation, hehe, wouldn't that be funny, if it laughed in my face, and said " hell no girlie, I am not going anywhere".

Agree life is too short, to fighting / being stubborn to get to know a deck.

DesertDream

Yeah, after I finish the study questions, I will ask if the deck would like to go on vacation, hehe, wouldn't that be funny, if it laughed in my face, and said " hell no girlie, I am not going anywhere".

:bugeyed: your a girl? Why have i been thinking you as a male this whole time???!!!!

LOL Desert, you really do know me, lol oh yeah the WOW, deck and that is the LMS for me. okay I am sooo WOW'd, I give, lol

Decks can be like The Godfather to me and makes me offers i cant refuse. If survival was not nessecary i
Spend fortunes on them and probley be insaistable. Decks and scarfs my lifes two best accessories! :D

You know, your right, I should finish, and yes the deck has taught me a lot, and on whole different level, than what I am used to, and yes there is more it can teach me.

Yes this is why I recommend sticking with the deck. Because it expands your mind & therefore your skills to interact and learn different aspects of reading cards that will help you in the future.

The reward idea sounds good, but I am like you the change of scenery is nice too. :D

I am glad your enjoying the Soul cards, :thumbsup:

Thanks :) im having a similar problem with SC's but they speak intensly and dont shy back haha. You can see about it if you want in oracle deck forum. From my own experiance id try to build vaulable skills with this deck but then when your done take all your awesome new skills to the deck you want. If you approach them in the manner of skill maturity that your former deck taught you maybe ud learn even more once you get your dream deck and get a plethora out of it! Just a thought.