Six of swords

Ankou

Doing random cards for a collaborative deck...
There is no theme so I'm making them all different styles
Heres a pic of the first "finnished" card...

Critique is most welcome and desired :D

Love and Light,

Ankou

Attachments

• 6swords sm.JPG
    6swords sm.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 163

Chronata

Aren't collaborative decks fun?
They free you up from the constraints of doing each card like the last.i find these sorts of projects are awesome for breaking molds.

Now...about the card...
Wow! it is wonderful!

I am in love! It has such a dream-like subconscious quality to it...there is a feeling of shape-shifting or transformation here...is that a bird or a boat? kinda feel to it!

it reminds me of that dark and symbolic place we go when we are asleep, and dreaming.

I also like the dark rich colors...what kind od medium is it?

It reminds me of an etching on metal...then it transforms into something that looks like oil pastels...

I know what I just said about unique cards...breaking from a mold....
But I would love to see more cards in this style! (aren't I bad? :D)

It's really really nice, Ankou!

AngelDancer

Cool! It spoke to me. Can't really comment on the artwork (i'm a stick figure artist myself) other than to say that I like it. It has depth.

xxAD

Ankou

Spent a great deal of time doing stick figues myself! They're fun to play with :D

Thanks guys, glad you like it! I think I'll be redoing the card soon. Using the same dark style and basic images but tring to rework the layout so it's not so stiff and horizontal...

Chronata, always makes me smile to hear from you honey! I keep finding that you've posted what I was going to say in other threads ;) So it's great to hear what you think of my stuff.

Media: it's a mix match of pencil, marker, and paint pen on black paper.

In the redo I'll probably lay a base of paint or ink to help give it a more fluid background, and then maybe actually pull out some liquid media to get things moving (literally) around the image area.

Will post the evolution here as it happens.

Love and Light,

Ankou

Chronata

hee hee!
I guess then I should be asking...what do you think of it, Ankou! :D

My first thought was...no don't alter it! It's wonderful the way it is!

But then all the talk about liquid media...and things flowing...well...my curiosity is getting the better of me! This technique sounds so cool!

I think a flowing design around the image fits the six swords meaning rather nicely...and will still have that dream-like quality to it that so draws me to this card! maybe even more so!

Ohh...can't wait to see what happens!

psychicbody

So far, this is the only deck that I like - I am impressed. I love the colors you chose and the style you use. Kind of archaic and whimsicle, which I like.

Fairawen

Sheesh! Make a deck of it, I beg you! I loooove it! I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I've been looking for a decent stickfigure-ish deck, and this looks ABSOLUTLY WONDERFUL! I'd love to see you make more cards like this, though whether you will or not I question... they're all going to be different themes, so probably not?

Anyway, I love this card!

~Fairawen~

Ankou

wow...

Thanks guys! (blush)

My 'puter's in the shop so I'm just now checking the thread again.

I do so love my little boney guys as Blashama calls them. Glad to hear other folks like them too!

I've started the new version of this card but haven't gotten very far. My hubby has been teaching me to silk screen so I've been buiried in that for a week or more. The figure will be the same, but I'm taking Chronata's statement about the boat being birdlike as a way to make the perspective a little more interesting.

Soon I will be able to silk screen a nice clean print worthy of designing a deck in a format I'm comfortable publishing. Yeah!!! Now I just have to design a deck... (groan)

Guess I should get back to the dinning room table and put a foot on it! :)

Love and Light,

Ankou