Kama Sutra Deck

Shackles

A deck I would like to see would be one that follows the kama sutra. I think it would look beautiful if done in the same artistic style as the kama sutras with origional work in them. I would buy a deck like this for sharing special readings with my husband--- when I get him aclimated to me actually reading the tarot.

Any one heard of this or agree with me?

HudsonGray

The Kama Sutra covers a lot more than just the sexual positions, would you want the cards to illustrate the range from the whole book or just stick with the erotic parts?

There's two sexual decks put out by Lo Scarabeo, the deCameron and one that starts with an "M" (the artist draws for Heavy Metal magazine). Have you seen those?

temperlyne

Shackles said:
A deck I would like to see would be one that follows the kama sutra. I think it would look beautiful if done in the same artistic style as the kama sutras with origional work in them.

i think it might be interesting to explore the teachings of the kama sutra and combine it with tarot. I think you need to be carefull though not to make you deck a "sexual positions" deck. That woul not do justice to tarot or the kama sutra.
Th original kama sutra was unillustrated by the way, so what do you consider its original artwork?

gregory

If it's not the allegedly original Indian-y illustrations you are after (I did know it was unillustrated in the first place) there IS the Sutra deck, which uses RW imagery with added text. I don't myself like it much, but it might be what you are looking for.... It doesn't seem to me to be entirely Kama Sutra related, (which is mostly what I have against it) but I have to say I have only ever read extracts, so I could be wrong. It's reviewed on passages here. They don't like it much - but I don't entirely agree about the card stock; mine's OK.

Shackles

art work

I didnt mean that I wanted a positions only deck. It wouldnt suit the tarot well. What I meant was more a combination of the two.... The art work i refered to was ethinic artwork of the age and area where the KS origionated. I've seen some beautiful work, but cant remember where from. I will have to locate it.

Jewel-ry

Shackles said:
I have located a book on the topic of using the tarot and the kama sutra. Its an interesting read.

Tarot Sutra: An Intimate Guide to the Secret Language of Sex
by Patricia Canova

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0789459663/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

I think you will find that this is the Tarot Deck. At least its exactly the same as the deck that I have. The box is beautiful but the cards are just redone RWS with key words on them. I am not a lover of RWS decks so here it sits, unused. I did try to trade it once but the box has a very heavy magnetic clasp which made the postage extortionate.

~

December Fairy

Shackles said:
I have located a book on the topic of using the tarot and the kama sutra. Its an interesting read.

Tarot Sutra: An Intimate Guide to the Secret Language of Sex
by Patricia Canova

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0789459663/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

I think that is the same deck Gregory was talking about. I have it too. The book has a bit more sex language than the cards. I don't really think the cards are sexual. It has been a while since the last time I looked at all of them.

knowledge griffin

Another erotic deck that I know of is the Casanova tarot.