The Tarot of the Ancient Celts to be resurrected!

blackroseivy

W'l I'm - er - jiggered! :p hehe I'm happy to see I'm not forgotten! :D

I just got through with all but 4 or maybe 5 cards that need facts & descriptions added (this is the Minors) because I have yet to really fabricate those cards - I didn't set them up entirely on the computer because I am anticipating having to draw them anyway. :) But other than that & a quick bibliography, the writing is FINIS, & so will the drawings be by early spring at the latest, I'm quite sure of that! So, be watching this space for further developments! :D

Lewen

I haven't forgetten either, I'll be watching this space for details!

blackroseivy

Lovely, lovely!! :D

I am excited about the drawings - I am scheduled to start those next month, as soon as I have the $$$ to proceed. :)

blackroseivy

Newz, newz!! :D

I now have my "shtuff" for the project ON THE WAY, courtesy of a wonderful friend who sincerely believes in me. :D :D :D

We have ordered the paper, color stix, good eraser, printer, extra ink, matte photo printer paper, black Col-Erase pencils, & STUMPS!! :D (I already have a considerable supply of the color Col-Erase - they are the most wonderful colored pencils around!! :D They are soft, & they blend & erase SO easily - the effect can be almost airbrush-like when you get them down to a science.)

My mother is paying back my friend as a b-day prezzie, so I have more money to spend on ME next month, YAY!! :D Always welcome - especially with a b-day (on V-day) comin' up.

So, I'm "after settin' up" as they'd say in Ireland...

The latest word from Schiffer is that they are "slowing down" with the Tarot submissions because they want to see how what they already have do. Well! I am going to tell them exactly what I think of THAT marketing strategy. The more variety you have, the better you are likely to do - am I right? They only have the 2 just so far ("Maj. Tom's Marseilles" & "Sol Invictus: The God Tarot"). To my way of thinking, 2 is NOT going to show them what they need to know. I sincerely believe that it will take at least 4 or 5 decks to get them off the ground in that area. What do peeps think?

So, I'll DEF be submitting - & + I even have submitted a proposal to "Inner Traditions" because I keep having the nagging feeling that this deck is right up their alley, but I may not hear back from them. Wrote a couple of other folks too, & there is always, of course, the granddaddy of 'em all, USG.

All in all, I am VERY optimistic. :D

Back soonish!