Which pattern format

Dean

As a few people here on AT already know, i'm in the process of creating a Tarot deck.

I have recently finished the wands and as a deck creator many of us come across certain cards in the deck that can be difficult to make a final choice on.

What i have done is made a selection of the cards that you might think suits the pip format best, these are the 8 of wands and the 9 of wands these also come in two more versions below.

I have put A - B on the top left of each card, and then just post which pip format you think looks better,

Thankyou for your time. ;)

rwcarter

Wish I could help, but I get the following error when I click on the link you provided:

You do not have permission to perform the requested action.
The incident code for this error is : papp-n03.80862699188

Rodney

Dean

Hi there rwcater, thanks for letting me know that.

rwcarter

Hi Dean,

Here's my take:

8 Wands
"A" really reminds me of the depiction of the card in scenic decks. For that reason, I think I prefer "B" more. (I'm a scenic Minors person, but if I were using a pip deck, I wouldn't want that card to visually remind me of the same card in a scenic deck.)

9 Wands
Visually I like "A" better. For some reason the box layout speaks more to me than the other. There's a symmetry there that to me is missing in "B."

HTH,
Rodney

Dean

rwcarter said:
Hi Dean,

Here's my take:

8 Wands
"A" really reminds me of the depiction of the card in scenic decks. For that reason, I think I prefer "B" more. (I'm a scenic Minors person, but if I were using a pip deck, I wouldn't want that card to visually remind me of the same card in a scenic deck.)

Thankyou rw, your thoughts about the 8 of wands gave me alot to think about and i agree about the pip cards depiction given. The format i used for card - A does in fact remind me abit like RW's depiction for the 8 of wands. ;)

rwcarter said:
9 Wands
Visually I like "A" better. For some reason the box layout speaks more to me than the other. There's a symmetry there that to me is missing in "B."

HTH,
Rodney

Thanks again, yes i can see that the box layout does have a symmetry that might make more sense then card - B, the idea was to make a cage like pattern that i think uses the idea for the 9 of wands protection or defence.

beachcomb

I really like B 9 of wands. i was drawn to it more then the others. at first i thought i would like A more but i couldn't look away from B.

Dean

beachcomb said:
I really like B 9 of wands. i was drawn to it more then the others. at first i thought i would like A more but i couldn't look away from B.

Hi BC,

And thankyou, Yes i'm also drawn more to card - B for the 9 of wands something in that format looks guarded, like a big surrounded fence. :)

Formicida

Visually, I like the B's better, but I think it would be easier to get an intuitive meaning out of the A cards. Which is not to say that it's not possible to get one out of the B's, and it might not be so bad to have to work a little harder for it.

Dean

Formicida said:
Visually, I like the B's better, but I think it would be easier to get an intuitive meaning out of the A cards. Which is not to say that it's not possible to get one out of the B's, and it might not be so bad to have to work a little harder for it.

Hi there Formicida,

Thankyou, i absolutely agree about your take on on card B, i have a number of pip decks and some have very interesting symmetry patterns that dont even give you a sense on what the card is interpreting.

I think some people would be able to get some visual meaning out of card B, if they looked a little closer, it's interesting that many people will also interpret their own meanings into the cards. :)

Lillie

B for both.

Don't know why.
Just think they are better.

Good luck, Dean!