The Yes/No Tarot Oracle

rwcarter

For those who wish to use the tarot to answer Yes/No questions, there is a not-so-new book out by Eleanor Piper called the Yes/No Tarot Oracle. From the back of the book:
This book provides meanings for both a single card reading, and also for more in depth readings where you want to get a positive or negative response from the cards.

Includes:
- Yes/No oracles for each card
- a Key Word Guide for each card
- several suggested layouts for detailed Yes/No readings
- a useful table to help memorise the themes and meanings for the Minor Arcana

The Yes/No Tarot Oracle covers both the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana, it also gives a Key Word Guide for both the upright and reversed meanings of each card.

The publisher is Bright Pen, the ISBN is 978-07552-126-4, and the book has 87 numbered pages.

I haven't read the whole thing, but glancing through the book, I see an issue that doesn't appear to be dressed. For example, the 4 Pentacles is seen as a Yes answer. Well, if the question were, "Is he cheap?" then I agree. But if the question were, "Will he help me out financially?" I'd take the 4P as an emphatic No. The book does provide both upright and reversed meanings for the cards when they're not being used to answer Yes/No questions.

Another huge issue I just realized is that there are only 10 cards that have No answers assigned to them. Make of that what you will.

Rodney