Similarities between Justice and 6 of Pentacles

Jennalyn

These two cards came up in the feelings position and I was wondering if anyone could shed some insight into what they have in common?

I read through several interpretations and came to the conclusion that one person feels unworthy of the other. With Justice they may feel they are imbalanced with the other person and the 6 of Pentacles may mean they feel like a 'beggar' around the other one, that they're not good enough for the person. As a result, they may choose to avoid this person.

Does anyone see anything different between the two?

intuitivetarot

Yea, they're completely different.

Justice is reaping what you sow. You get what you deserve, not necessarily what you want. Justice is also weighing out the pros and cons to find the right balance and to make a just decision. It also indicates legalities. Legal action. The law. Courts. Judges. You may hear about a verdict. Justice also represents the government in general, and from that, a general sense of authority.

6/Pentacles is about a mutual exchange. Though both don't look physically similar, they both are giving something and receiving something. The beggar is receiving money, while the financially well off individual is gaining some sense of spiritual reward. Both need each other. The beggar, who perceives the giver as being superior financially, needs the money. On the other hand, the giver, who perceives the beggar as being spiritually superior, needs the beggar to accept the help so that the giver can gain can do some good in the world, so to speak.

Does that make sense? :)

Thirteen

Feeling like there must be balance

These two cards came up in the feelings position and I was wondering if anyone could shed some insight into what they have in common?
Were they both drawn and equal, or was one a clarifier?

It makes a difference. Either way, I'd say that someone feels that things are not balanced and need to be. That is what they both have in common—a need to balance things out. Justice by cutting and re-weighing so that both sides are equal, 6/Pents by, as said, each side getting what they're missing and needing that the other has in abundance.

So either the person feels that there is remarkable balance here—i.e. the other person balances them out perfectly, or they feel that there *should* be balance. Whether they feel that someone else needs to do something to restore the balance or whether they feel that *they* need to restore the balance isn't clear. Just that they are focused on balance and likely feel strongly about every little nit-picky imbalance.

Puffette

I read through several interpretations and came to the conclusion that one person feels unworthy of the other. With Justice they may feel they are imbalanced with the other person and the 6 of Pentacles may mean they feel like a 'beggar' around the other one, that they're not good enough for the person. As a result, they may choose to avoid this person.

Does anyone see anything different between the two?

Justice has to do with fairness first of all.. The person u are asking about feels that he must be fair with them and with you at the same time. Shortly the Justice card says " you reap what you sow". Have you treated badly this person or said something that bothered? Well expect some harsh treatment in return and some excoriation. Have you been a nice person? Expect to be respected in return.
This card doesnt speak about love..so if u love someone do not expect to be loved as result.

6 of pentacles is not one of the best cards to receive in a romantic context.. Why? Because first of all it speaks about pity(not such a romantic feeling). One of the people in the story is seen as been weaker and therefore the other person feels the need to protect it,help it and sustain it but not love it... There is a strong feeling of generosity and dedication and collaboration/help but i do not see this card as being positive when someone wanna know if the partner has loving feelings.
Also this card shows that one must accept portions of attention and must not complain otherwise there are no more "goodies arriving at the horizon".. Almost like walking on egg shells.. U must pretend that everything is bright and that u are content with what u receive otherwise u wont get anything anymore.. Depressing and frustrating..

These two cards are different and even if u see a balance pictured in both they have different messages. The justice is justice.. U go to court and u get a verdict and it might not be one of the best u heard in a while and u must deal with that.
6 of pentacles is in between.. there is the pity,the charitable feelings..the mercy.. There is this bold feeling that u must do good for the others and those who receive your generosity should be happy for having u.. But remember that the 6 of pentacles depending in which position u are(giver or taker) can have some effects on you.. As a giver u dont receive nothing in return. I almost call this card "a bad business"..

Jennalyn

Yea, they're completely different.

Justice is reaping what you sow. You get what you deserve, not necessarily what you want. Justice is also weighing out the pros and cons to find the right balance and to make a just decision. It also indicates legalities. Legal action. The law. Courts. Judges. You may hear about a verdict. Justice also represents the government in general, and from that, a general sense of authority.

6/Pentacles is about a mutual exchange. Though both don't look physically similar, they both are giving something and receiving something. The beggar is receiving money, while the financially well off individual is gaining some sense of spiritual reward. Both need each other. The beggar, who perceives the giver as being superior financially, needs the money. On the other hand, the giver, who perceives the beggar as being spiritually superior, needs the beggar to accept the help so that the giver can gain can do some good in the world, so to speak.

Does that make sense? :)

Thank you for your response! Your in-depth meaning of both cards is very helpful. :) I wondered how this might be applied in the context of feelings and originally saw a similarity .. so from what you say, I could conclude that I'm getting what I deserve due to how I may have treated this individual ... doesn't it seem like there's almost an element of revenge in the Justice card then? Thanks again!

Jennalyn

Were they both drawn and equal, or was one a clarifier?

It makes a difference. Either way, I'd say that someone feels that things are not balanced and need to be. That is what they both have in common—a need to balance things out. Justice by cutting and re-weighing so that both sides are equal, 6/Pents by, as said, each side getting what they're missing and needing that the other has in abundance.

So either the person feels that there is remarkable balance here—i.e. the other person balances them out perfectly, or they feel that there *should* be balance. Whether they feel that someone else needs to do something to restore the balance or whether they feel that *they* need to restore the balance isn't clear. Just that they are focused on balance and likely feel strongly about every little nit-picky imbalance.

Thank you for your input, Thirteen! I drew both as equals. Your post about feeling strongly about every nit-picky imbalance makes a lot of sense in this situation, as I'm sure it's not that the person feels there's a perfect balance. It seemed like a negative reading in the feelings position. That's why I originally thought one person feels they're not good enough for the other (even if it's all in their head) and, also, in the negative I thought there might be some bitterness there too. Thank you again! :D

Jennalyn

Justice has to do with fairness first of all.. The person u are asking about feels that he must be fair with them and with you at the same time. Shortly the Justice card says " you reap what you sow". Have you treated badly this person or said something that bothered? Well expect some harsh treatment in return and some excoriation. Have you been a nice person? Expect to be respected in return.
This card doesnt speak about love..so if u love someone do not expect to be loved as result.

6 of pentacles is not one of the best cards to receive in a romantic context.. Why? Because first of all it speaks about pity(not such a romantic feeling). One of the people in the story is seen as been weaker and therefore the other person feels the need to protect it,help it and sustain it but not love it... There is a strong feeling of generosity and dedication and collaboration/help but i do not see this card as being positive when someone wanna know if the partner has loving feelings.
Also this card shows that one must accept portions of attention and must not complain otherwise there are no more "goodies arriving at the horizon".. Almost like walking on egg shells.. U must pretend that everything is bright and that u are content with what u receive otherwise u wont get anything anymore.. Depressing and frustrating..

These two cards are different and even if u see a balance pictured in both they have different messages. The justice is justice.. U go to court and u get a verdict and it might not be one of the best u heard in a while and u must deal with that.
6 of pentacles is in between.. there is the pity,the charitable feelings..the mercy.. There is this bold feeling that u must do good for the others and those who receive your generosity should be happy for having u.. But remember that the 6 of pentacles depending in which position u are(giver or taker) can have some effects on you.. As a giver u dont receive nothing in return. I almost call this card "a bad business"..

Thank you for your post, Puffette! I appreciate your how you broke it down - if this person feels they have been treated in a 'pitying' way or that they have been disregarded somehow, then I can see why they would feel bitter about that - and I suppose that would be the Justice card at work? Especially if they have a lot of pride. Thank you again! :D