Midnight Soul Cards & Discussion Area

MeeWah

Like the concept of a child or a fairy child to depict The Fool. It dovetails with the concept of a new soul incarnating; or a new journey or cycle begun.

Noticed the skulls, too. A deft touch because that can relate to a new journey, where the old self, old structures or thoughts left behind. Or to the more ominous occurring from being naive or foolish.

PAMUYA

I liked your card very much, but I don't like the name "Child". It just turns me off using that term for this card. I would be uncomforable using it in a reading.

Good luck to you.

HOLMES

ah

first of all,,
get rid of the poll ,
you will never please anyone, so you have to stick to your artistic vision.
(but of course keep open to the ideas if you think one sounds good)

heck i didn't even realize those were skulls til someone mentioned it, but at the time i was looking at the moon.
to my eyes it looks like the scene from beauty and the beast where the candlestick grabs the maid sweeper ?.

MidnightSoul

I agree, I wish I had not posted the poll. If I had knonw then what I know now, we would not have it anymore. Unfortunatley I cannnot figure iut how to get rif of it'!?!?!?!

========================================================
**big dramatic southern girl sigh**

*"I'll Think about that tomorrow, after all, tomorrow is another day, amd I am sure to think up some plan or another...."*
==========================================================

Don't you just love "Gone With The Wind", girl?

divinest

Gone with the Wind is a truly inspirational read. :) Holmes is right, nobody is going to ever be completely happy with every single card. Even the most popular cards, like the Gilded Tarot (I love that deck), and the Druidcraft, people will find problems with them. An example, the Druidcraft, I am really liking the cards, but the people all seem to have really long toes, and that kinda creeps me out. However, other people will find that the length of the toe is spot on.

So while yes, imo, this card is too busy for my liking (I've been thinking about it, and I think that's to do with my ADD, in all honesty, there's too much for me at least to look at), it's what's right for YOU to have created.

swimming in tarot

The skulls are valid reminders of the price of naivete, it's true; but esoterically I find that Card Zero is the Divine Fool who MUST NOT be saved from the cliff edge; she must fall not to her death but to her life: be born into the world. To my way of thinking, it's a figurative, not a literal, cliff; therefore the skulls are not necessary for me. The butterflies in the pit of the stomach on that long downward step are doubtless enough of a wake-up call! A nasty end, through carelessness? I would find that an appropriate possibility for a reverse reading. If the child were saved, there would be no need for the next 77 cards, because there would be no journey. But that's just my take. Don't let me stop you from putting the skulls in, if you feel they're needed. To answer your original question, I have no problem with a child as/instead of a fool.

WinterRose

I agree with SIT, there. To me, the Fool is not really a fool - he or she APPEARS to be a fool, but there's a difference. To me the card is about spontaneity, having faith, believing in yourself, not following the herd but making your own path and new beginnings. The 'folly' is not something to be shunned, but to be embraced. Depending on where it falls in the spread and the question asked (as I don;t do reversed readings), then there is the negative side of it being taken to extremes and then it becomes the 'foolish' card.

MidnightSoul

Excerpt from "The Soul", copyright 2009 Liz Birdsong

"The skulls symbolize the potential for danger to the Child/Fool if he or she becomes so entranced by the beauty of nature in the lovely setting in which she is frolicking, and fails to notice the deadfall, and the wicked thorned vines reaching out for her from all sides.

The Child is a soul waiting to be born.

The little dog, represents her animal nature, which we all possess to one degree or another.

The Doves always throughout this deck in every card, represent the Holy Spirit, if Christianity is ones calling in faith, or it can represent any wise and warning and enlightening entity if one is not a Christian. The Doves have come forth in haste out of the sky, to intervene and warn this child so that this soul will have the chance to be born, and bring forth a Magician.

The butterflies represent spirits of air, be they representative of angels, djinn, or fairies of various flying sorts. They are benevolent in nature, and pose no intentional harm to the soul that is waiting to be born, however, they do distract her on her journey, and thus increase the danger she is in."

Excerpt from "The Soul", copyright to Liz Birdsong

HOLMES

MidnightSoul said:
Excerpt from "The Soul", copyright 2009 Liz Birdsong

The Child is a soul waiting to be born.

The little dog, represents her animal nature, which we all possess to one degree or another.

Birdsong

why is the child a soul waiting to be born,,
a child by defination is already born , and sort of developed however still has to be condition by society, by its parents, its peers, schooling.
but a child is already born.

for me the dog is the spirit guide who is assigned to watch over the soul as it walk through life.
edited to add
of course this is our own personal take on the dog,, but the child is a soul waiting to be born seems to be a miss.

Inana

I've voted before reading the post and I prefer no kids on the "0" card though.
But the card looks very nice, maybe too sweet for me... :)