Midnight Soul Cards & Discussion Area

Alta

I think that may be somewhat literal HOLMES, since the 'child' depicted has wings. I suspect she means the child-soul depicted metaphorically.

HOLMES

ohhh

you mean like it is a child angel, that is about to born into the mortal world, and hence that is why there is the skulls at the bottom?
for it will fall into an world of death and destruction but also beuty and love.

to me the wings were fairy like instead of angel like,, but then again interpretation is in the eye of the beholder.

i didnt' realize the dove was there against the moon, until the description said it was there i looked around for it.

(so is that luminere from beuty and the beat on the moon?)

----

can we repost the previous cards from the previous thread into this thread midnight soul? so we can discuss those again, in light of the tarot itself ?

MidnightSoul

Hi Holmes :) Yes, she is indeed a "soul", waiting to be born. She will be born to become the Magician of course, since the Tarot is about an evolutionary process we all go through as we lead our lives. This is why The Fool is Aught. Zero, you see, as she does not yet truly exist in our world.... she is less than 1.

As to reposting out of the other thread, lets not, then say we did, ok? Seriouly, I will post each card, in it's correct order, for discussion, and so long as the discussion goes on, I will wait to post the next, and so forth. When this discussion of Card 0 slows down, and we all understand one another, then shall I post The Magician, or, as I call him, The Magus.

HOLMES

ah

that makes great sense to me as virgo to post them in logical order as opposed to posting them in randomness.

for me, i would like to see the wings of the fool child soul represent more angelic version. but you must remain true to your artistic vision.

my only qualm is that you don't post the entire deck, or you might get bootleggers, and such copying your materials, as baba had done to her deck long ago.

Che Gilson

The card is lovely! I look foreward to more!

How many do you have completed?

WinterRose

MidnightSoul said:
Hi Holmes :) Yes, she is indeed a "soul", waiting to be born. She will be born to become the Magician of course, since the Tarot is about an evolutionary process we all go through as we lead our lives. This is why The Fool is Aught. Zero, you see, as she does not yet truly exist in our world.... she is less than 1.

Yeah, that makes more sense. Like I said, I quite like the idea of the child, but the general symbolisim of this card still doesn't quite fit with what I associate the Fool with. Still, that's just me. And I agree with Holmes - don't post the whole deck, we don't want any art theft going on. I'd advise posting just the cards that you think showcase your deck as a whole. Just choose a selection of your favourite cards. (But PLEASE include the Death, Strength and Star cards - they're always the cards that speak the most to me about a deck, and Strength and the Star are my astrological cards.)

MidnightSoul

I plan to post around 15 - 20 cards total for review and discussion. I think it will be enough :)

Wolf Wing

It will definitely be enough, I'm looking forward to seeing them all. I await with deep anticipation to the dispatching of further images.

SharonS

I'm also looking forward to the rest of the cards :)

MidnightSoul

LOL! I can take a hint ;p

Give me a short time to spiff up my book entry for the next card, and decide which portions to "publish" here, and I will have you a new card to play with soon :)