Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

victoria.star

Okay, due to my inability to meet my previous commitments (see below) and taking advice from kind persons to reduce the stress and enjoy this process, I am revising my IDS.

Everytime I read with Ironwing, I feel as if I have been given a gift. I am stirred by the imagery and excited by how the whole experience tickles my brain/spirit. I feel so thankful, each time.

My IDS Commitment Pledges as of today, January 12, 2010:
~I will use the Ironwing exclusively until the IDS is completed.
~I will try to study at least one card a week--perhaps in conjunction with the 78 Week study.
~I will post in the IDS thread as often as possible.
~I will participate in the IDS Reading Exchange as often as possible but only if I can complete the agreement ON TIME.
~I will ask the Universe for Guidance and Strength as I begin this endeavor.
~I will ask the Universe for Forgiveness for the mistakes I make.

victoria.star said:
Greetings everyone!
I would like to make the commitment to the Intensive Deck Study.
Here are my commitment pledges:
~I will begin the IDS tomorrow, December 21, 2009.
~I will use the Ironwing 78 deck (oh, thank you MoonGypsy!) exclusively until the IDS is completed.
~I will approach the Ironwing with Honor, Respect, Openness and Readiness to Learn.
~I will try to do a Three-Card Reading once a day.
~I will try to journal at least a paragraph regarding the reading once a day.
~I will try to do the IDS in conjunction with the 78 card/week study. (Which makes the timeframe about 18 months! Wow!!)
~I will try to post in this, the IDS Support Lounge, once a day.
~I will try to not purchase any other decks during the IDS. (Unless they are on my wishlist or are something that I just cannot pass up; however, then I will complete the transaction, check the deck, and put it up until the IDS is over).
~I will try to construct a simple ritual to begin, end and honor my study time. (I am looking for a bell to ring and until I find one, I will use my windchimes or hand cymbals).
~I will ask the Universe for Guidance and Strength as I begin this endeavor.
~I will ask the Universe for Forgiveness for the mistakes I make.

So be it. So let it be.
May this commitment be received with blessings of Peace, Grace and Comfort.
:heart:

Wendywu

Victoria.star - well done for having the courage to change your pledge so that you can enjoy using your deck :heart:

I hope that your IDS with Ironwing from now on is the rewarding, enriching experience it's intended to be. One day I look forward to doing the IDS exchange with you - I'd love a reading with the Ironwing from you. Your intuitive reading for the ISG exchange was wonderful :)

victoria.star

Wendywu said:
Victoria.star - well done for having the courage to change your pledge so that you can enjoy using your deck :heart:

I hope that your IDS with Ironwing from now on is the rewarding, enriching experience it's intended to be. One day I look forward to doing the IDS exchange with you - I'd love a reading with the Ironwing from you. Your intuitive reading for the ISG exchange was wonderful :)
Oh, thanks Wendywu!
I certainly enjoyed the ISG...I love the way Ironwing speaks...it seems the more I just let her talk, the more she has to say. And I feel more comfortable in just listening...letting it flow, I guess. I don't feel scared to share what I hear from her.
And, since I haven't read Lorena's book from cover to cover, there are cards that I haven't "met" yet. It is always surprising to me when I reflect on a "new" card and then look at what Lorena has to say and many of the same phrases appear!
The images just open up dialogue.

KafkasGhost

Intensely envious of Ironwing full deck owners... :angel:

Wendywu

Yep - I think both Victoria.star and I are aware of how very lucky we are to have the full Ironwing. It's an incredible deck.

victoria.star

Wendywu said:
Yep - I think both Victoria.star and I are aware of how very lucky we are to have the full Ironwing. It's an incredible deck.
Yes :), and humbled to have had it find me (Thanks MoonGypsy! So MUCH!)
I do have a wish that everyone who feels drawn to the deck can eventually find it, or have it find them. :)

KafkasGhost

Sending out my beacon... Is anyone blogging about it (Ironwing)? I'd love to follow.

[while STUDIOUSLY regarding my own IDS deck :p]

yukinkoicy

Blogging about what? lol If it's IDS I am, but although I have written several entries that have been about IDS and my learning - none of them are on my deck yet. :)

My deck didn't come yet. T_T I got the date wrong, I was told that it actually wont come probably till tomorrow at the earliest, monday at the latest. Apparently I forgot to get 2 day shipping.

So, I decided to clean! I'm cleaning the house, and my mess of a room, clear out energy, etc. I love cleaning at times. It felt right today, so therefore.. *shrugs* I clean lol.

I'm taking a break though after lugging my clean laundry up the stairs to my room lol.

SolSionnach

zan_chan said:
Being a major sucker for milestones, I simply couldn't let this, my 1000th post here on AT, take place anywhere but my favorite thread.
:thumbsup: high five! :thumbsup:
zan_chan said:
... So thank you as always Kat, for starting all this, and keeping us under control.
Only someone with the name 'thorhammer' could begin to keep this group under control! :bugeyed:
yukinkoicy said:
...I feel bad about changing my goals so early in my IDS...but I really want to keep enjoying each time I pick up my cards, not feeling pressured to use them and maybe hating it in the long run.

So, is this an acceptable change, or is it a sign of failing already?
Oh, absolutely not! I think it's a sign of great maturity to acknowledge one's limits. Good for you!

I've done the same thing - limiting my participation in the exchange thread because I cannot keep up. And don't worry, I'll be posting your reading from last week (and your feedback) later tonight or tomorrow. I'm blushing about my tardiness. :(
yukinkoicy said:
...My deck didn't come yet. T_T I got the date wrong, I was told that it actually wont come probably till tomorrow at the earliest, monday at the latest. Apparently I forgot to get 2 day shipping.

So, I decided to clean! I'm cleaning the house, and my mess of a room, clear out energy, etc. I love cleaning at times. It felt right today, so therefore.. *shrugs* I clean lol...
I'm so sorry that your deck hasn't arrived yet! Boo!! :mad:

In my case, I'm full of re-arranging the apartment, because I'm going to be bringing my huge, wonderful weaving loom out of storage and USING it for the first time since 2003. I hope it's not ruined from storage... :( I'm also going back to work, boning up on my Japanese to continue with my studies, and working on building my biz. My IDS (once again) is on the back burner, but it *is* simmering. I'm going to be removing a piece of furniture which is part of my tarot storage... :bugeyed: and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those decks. I can see a trip to the container store in my future! :)

So, I pledge to get last weeks' exchange up by tomorrow night, latest, and spend more time with my deck, as well as reading all the wonderful Greenwood threads. Heck, I didn't even have time yesterday to get out the U Wirth, like I said I would! :bugeyed: :)

yirabeth

SolSionnach said:
I've done the same thing - limiting my participation in the exchange thread because I cannot keep up. And don't worry, I'll be posting your reading from last week (and your feedback) later tonight or tomorrow. I'm blushing about my tardiness.

Oh don't be..I think we all know what it's like to have more things to do than hours to do them in :)

Enjoy your shopping trip! I'm looking for a box for my Tarot Nova..it's a funky size and I don't like the box it's in...the one I bought LAST week, while very pretty, is about 1mm too short to put the deck in :headslap: (they fit in the LID of the box...LOL) I like looking at my tarot decks all lined up on my shelf..hehe Of course, I don't have an overabundance -- yet!

~Yira