Mythos Tarot

baba-prague

It's great to see these - some wonderful work here. As for the Majors/Minors thing, well, you could always complete the Majors then see how you feel, it doesn't have to be a definite decision either way yet maybe?

Major Tom

mythos said:
I thought I was close to completion but she has been 'speaking' to me, and wants some extra things that will require preliminary sketches and try-outs before they end up on the canvas.

She is beautiful. :) Isn't it wonderful that you can converse with her?

Your Papess just told me she'd like to open her eyes. :p

mythos

Thank you Em and Baba. The discussion on what tarot is has had it's effect. What you said, Baba, about feeling that with 22 cards, you are waiting for the rest to come - that there is a sense of incompleteness, I have come to agree with.

So thanks Tom, also, for starting the "What is Tarot" thread. It is fascinating how such a discussion can really get into your blood and make you think. And ... my Papesse is looking down at her book .... but I am unsure about the eyes. Maybe have them opened a little more so that this is more obvious. The old problem of shrinking a large image to a small has hidden the slightly opened eyes methinks. And yes it is wonderful that she is actually speaking to me. the others have all chattered away, but she (naturally) has been rather reluctant to open her mouth.

Oh, and I just had a dream about you Tom ... you look very good in bathers on the beach at Phillip Island .... Tom blushes .... it is okay, you were looking for shells :p.

mythos:)

Elven

Hi mythos - another beautiful and inspiring card! She is a very powerful image, graceful, absorbing, and symbolic. I wanted to ask her what she was reading - but I didnt want to disturb her - and I wasnt sure she would say ;)

I must get back to the 'What is Tarot' thread - I want to see you developing thoughts on this deck!! :)

And the Jo Sonja's ... never had any trouble with them .. I like them too.

Thankyou for sharing once more "Your baby" photos :p

Blessings
Elven x

.traveller.

She's beautiful, Mythos! I love everything about her :)
I can tell that her eyes are slightly open and I think it is intriguing that she has that duality of eyes open/eyes closed.

Bat Chicken

I did not know this thread was here - wow - these are very beautiful and interesting cards - so much meaning. Your HP is unbelievable - now this thread is in my 'watched' list.
You are inspiring mythos!!! :)

memries

There is nothing I can say Mythos that has not been said. Except I can tell you that I admire your work very much and think you are a wonderful artist..memries

SarahLikesPink

I really think your artwork is beautiful. The magician is one of my favourites, I think I remember you posting him quite a while ago? I'm envious of your ability to paint these gorgeous pictures! Paint is such a wonderful medium, so free and expressive -and I can't do it! :D

I would love to own this deck, I feel such an affinity with your images. Each of them just seems right. I bow down to your talent! :) I will watch this thread, greedily anticipating the next image! :)

mythos

I thank you all for your wonderful words. I feel like blushing, only it is so cold here that the blood has frozen in my veins. Okay, mythos falls into humour when embarrassed by praise. I managed to do quite a lot of work on her yesterday, so it won't be too long now I hope, before I can present her as 'finished'. A week maybe!

Then ... it will be time to stock up on canvas and paint. I also feel the urge to explore number and element in some depth in preparation for the minors, even though I still have quite a few majors to go. I've come to trust this sense of urgency about a thing ... it turns out to keep me on track.

mythos:)

Ravenswing

wonderful work my dear. I get a Persian carpet feel from them. I can see them as great hanging tapestries keeping the castle warm...

Interesting that you're going to do the Queen of Cups. She the one who makes or breaks the deck for me. I doubt your deck'll be broken.

Image on!

fly well
Raven