Saturn Returns

joya250

Saturn ascends, comes round again.....
Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.

(hee hee. sorry, couldn't help include some Tool lyrics here.)

Okay, seriously now.... Could anybody please help explain this Saturn returns thing? I'm very curious. If I understand it right, Saturn comes back into the orginal place it was when you were born every 29 years, right? If that's so, then doesn't everyone get the effects of Saturn around their 29th b-day? (That doesn't seem right.) And what kind of effects does it have?

??? help please? thanks.

purplelady

Yes, Everyone has a saturn return About every 29 years. (This is give or take a year or two since orbits and other things affect exact time of return). For instance, if saturn was in aquarius when you were born , when you are about 29,saturn will return to aquarius again , Also at age 58 etc. I think it is supposed to make you take stock of where you want to be in life, sort-of a maturity wake-up call.

purplelady

I did a search and came up with these 3 sites about saturn return:
http://www.innerself.com/Astrology/Forging_Diamond_Soul.htm

http://www.astrology.com/messagearchive/080700.html

http://www.eyeofcentaur.com/Pages/saturn.html

and a little astronomy info on the planet itself!
http://www.crystalinks.com/saturn.html

kewl!

joya250

thanks purplelady! you're great! :*

.dc

Thanks purplelady,

I would've posted in response to this joya but i really know very little about what is really going on. And the bits and pieces i do know are confuzing when i try and explain it to others.

Im just letting it happen...without any explaination. I figure that's bestest.

Purplelady, i have a question for ya... I've been told by a few friends who specialize more in astrology than i ever will, that Saturn Returns happens around a 27 year cycle rather than 29. If astrology is supposed to be a more accurate science/divination then why the major two year discrepency?

blessed be,
.dc

joya250

ah-ha! Check this out dc:

To an astrologer's perception, its critical nature is emphasized
by the knowledge that ages 27-30 brings with it four major
symbolic patterns that are all about differentiation,
individuation, and the facing and purging of illusions that hold us
back from realization of our full potential. These patterns are:
the second transit of the North Node to the natal South Node's
position at age 27; the progressed Moon's return around age 27;
transiting Pluto to natal Neptune between 27-29;(3) and, of
course, the Saturn return between ages 29-30, which seems to
focus the other three patterns.

Jimilyn

In Planets and Possibilities, Susan Miller says that an individual has a Saturn return every 29 years. This is a time of "growing up," so in astrology 29 is the age of true maturity. When a person has their second Saturn return at 58, they reach great wisdom. If a person is lucky enough to have their third Saturn return at age 87, they receive enormous experience, sagacity, and insight. She also indicates that during a Saturn return a person will make "adult" decisions (ie having a baby, buying a house, getting a new job, etc.) that help to provide roots and stability in their life. She explains that as we age we have an easier time with Saturn's transits since it rules old age and a more difficult time with Uranus' transits since it rules youth.

Catcha later,
Jimilyn

.dc

joya and jimilyn,

thank you both for the added info. joya, that description you added was nice but it was almost like reading geekspeak, so combine that with jimilyn;s description (thank you) and the fact i'm exhausted and i need to go to bed NOW, i totally understand all the saturn returns a lot more.

blessed be and good nite,
.dc

joya250

dc,
yah, I didn't much understand it either - I cut and pasted it from one of the sites that purplelady provided links for. ... bottom line is that "bunches of cr@p" (the little-known but highly official name for astrological influence) start happening around age 27 and continue through age 30. yippee.

truthsayer

to me my saturn return was like riding a roller coaster at top speed w/ all these mountains and valleys. before i felt unsure of how to behave as an adult--you know career, marriage, having a child,buying a home, etc. during that tumultuous 2 years i found out what being an adult really really means. i realize that all the things that ppl over 30 warn me about was generally true. one thing i noticed while working as a medical counselor, that what seemed to me an unusual amount of ppl got seriously ill around 29 to 31. i've met ppl who never missed a party during the past 15 suddenly decide it was time to "grow up" and make something out of their life.

for me, 5 days after my saturn return began, i landed in the hospital. a few monthes later, my fiancee's father died of cancer. i had serious job probs. a year later, my fiancee and i broke up. job continued to be bad. my grandfather developed alzheimer's. lots of family issues. a year later, toward the end of my saturn return, my fiancee and i made up. work got better for a while. i felt like i'd been thru hell but i knew i had learned a lot during some very trying circumstances.

my husband on the other hand, had nothing out of the way happen to him except getting married, adopting a baby, starting a new job and buying a house. he was pretty happy. but it's like all that he didn't face during his saturn return came back to haunt him at 36. his wife left him and took the kid and his dog. (he went and got the dog back) the boss he liked and got along well w/ retired and he got a boss who was drinking buddies w/ satan. he had to fight his ex to keep his house, etc.

i don't want to scare anyone but i've always heard saturn called the great teacher. wherever saturn lands in our birth charts is where we have the greatest lessons to learn. the issues we bypass learning during our saturn return will eventually come back to haunt you. please take my word on this. if you are approaching your 27th-29th year, be wary and prepared for whatever the universe is trying to show/throw at you. i knew how bad SR's could be before i turned 29. i really tried to avoid a difficult SR by crossing all the bridges i could and face any issues i was in denial about. i hate to think it might have been worse if i hadn't been willing to work on myself before it happened. i hope this helped y'all understand SR's better. whatever you do just face it head on and don't try to fight the tidal wave.