The Heart of Faerie

DragonFae

Took a look over at amazon and it says mine is scheduled to ship March 5th but I bet I get it sooner...that usually happens...plus it wouldnt allow me to change or alter the order so that means its preparing to ship

I can see how the art work is similar...the one reminds me of The friends card and a couple of the ones posted have similarities to ones in the other deck....

I will have to see when I get the deck...but I think I'm okay with that as long as there are mostly new ones...

HearthCricket

Mine are on their way and I am excited about it. For some reason I had already prepared myself to know it was not going to be the same as the Froud's Faeries, but that it will carry its own special message and magic in itself. I look forward to getting and using mine and seeing what they have to say!

inanna_tarot

oooooh!

And Ive bought so many decks and books this year already Im on a self imposed deck/book diet until the Transparent Oracle comes out. Maybe if I wait I'll get them both together..

But but but I WANT

Thanks for the scans Alta! They do look similiar to the Frouds Faeries, but thats ok. Maybe we can mix the two decks together and get a SUPER FAERY PARTY!

Satori

Alta what did you think of the companion book?

The cards that you posted look like they are the same world, but yes I see the difference, sort of shifted a bit...not quite the same. I like the Fixer! Isn't she just a little sweety?

stargazer

Satori said:

The cards that you posted look like they are the same world, but yes I see the difference, sort of shifted a bit...not quite the same. I like the Fixer! Isn't she just a little sweety?
Yes, I was thinking about the book. Is it as good as the first?
And thank you so much for posting the scans ...the backs are lovely.
I can't wait for mine now!

ellirhyn

Wow. I like the idea of "mixing" these, I somehow get the feeling that each deck could compliment the other. Just different enough. . .but still close enough to be "friends". Thanks for posting Alta, I am definitely gonna have to get myself this deck! ;D

pickled pixie

Oh my god I am soooo excited, I really like the look of the new cards :D Am a little worried that some of them are the same as the faries oracle though!!! Which of the faeries oracle faeries are in this deck?? I wonder why they decided to do that?....very strange!

Essjay

Thanks for those scans, Alta - I'm enabled!

Alta

Satori said:
I am working my way through it slowly, so only about 20 cards in. Wendy Froud's style is different to Jessica MacBeth's. I don't think anyone will be disappointed exactly, but I think MacBeth's insights are a bit deeper and more useful. However, again, I doubt that anyone will be disappointed, it just seems more New Age and less Fae to me.
pickled pixie said:
Am a little worried that some of them are the same as the faries oracle though!!! Which of the faeries oracle faeries are in this deck?? I wonder why they decided to do that?....very strange!
I didn't ever say 'the same', in fact I went back and looked. And the more that I go through the deck, several times now, the less they seem alike. The deck images are quite intense and like the FO, I find myself very drawn to the background faeries in each scene as well as the principal faerie.

oh, and no Singers, I kinda miss those.

I hope others get their decks soon and report in. I am liking this deck more and more as I spend time with it. My initial disappointment may have been because I love the FO so much and this is just a little different. But really, that's good.

Alta

Satori

You know the Queen of Passage looks like a younger version of the Faery Godmother to me. Which I like, find it intriguing. Also, I have never liked the Death card in the FO, really I have had to stop myself just ripping it up and getting it out of the whole pack. As such, it pretty much never comes up for me at all. It must sense my dissatisfaction with it. But the Queen of Passage and of course the Faery Godmother Hmmm, they are linked in some way for me and I'm just going on the scans.

(Course FGM has been my Death card in the FO for some time now, but not only Death....other things too.)

I may be alone in this but the FO titles have been perhaps my favorite titles of any deck ever. The new titles are a little too big for me, and I always liked that in the FO the titles seem to verging on unreadable, as if they are morphing in and out of known language, about to be reclaimed by the forest.

I like that the Fae in the scans are being shown in activities, as if they have lives that are not just about swarming together in some kind of hive consciousness like you see in the FO troop cards. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind the swarms of Fae, I quite love them, I just always wonder what is going on that they would have to be so layered and on top of each other.

One of the reasons I like the Dark Lady card so much is that she is shown in different moods, different postures, so that you see her across a spectrum of feeling states. When I used the idea from the book that each Faery had a job that linked it to human kind, and that it had to somehow fulfill that job with us, I really took to the idea of the Fae as our partners in our development.

In the new system I see that Froud is trying for something a bit deeper but almost shows the Fae as hybrids in a way....as if they are being shown as closer to us rather than as so different and apart. I can't wait to get the deck.