Lets talk about faeries

a_shikhs

Faeries! :D I've been having an on and off moment with them. Last year I bought the HOF oracle but didn't get much time to use them. Then I got busy with life and kept my faery decks away tucked safely in a drawer.

Today, while cleaning, I found an important paper and kept it safely on the couch. After dinner, I remembered about the paper and went to the couch to look for it and voila, it wasn't there. I clearly remembered keeping it there and after searching for it frantically, I found it neatly slipped on a table which is at the other end of my house. I instantly thought of the faeries and had to laugh at myself. :p I quickly removed both the decks and started playing with them. Happy happy. My 2012 resolution is to study the HOF and the FO this year and reconnect with the lovely fae. Can't wait for some faery excitement in my life. :D

Any fae mischief happening at your home?

celticnoodle

it is interesting that you just found this thread. just recently, i participated in a reading exchange here on AT, and decided to use one of my oracles for the exchange instead of my handy Robin Wood Tarot deck that is generally kept downstairs beside me in the living room. So, I went upstairs and decided which ever oracle (I have many, trust me!) was on the top of the chest I keep my tarot and oracle decks in, would be the one I'd use.

I had been thinking of the oracle "Faeries Oracle" by Brian Froud, but didn't know which one would be on top of the pile in this chest. I opened the lid, and sure enough, there it was, the Faeries Oracle deck!

I had to smile, because it seems that when the Faeries have a message to give, they show up for me, even though I don't normally go for this oracle first. I find this oracle a bit harder to read with, though I do love the deck, because I don't have the cards memorized, and cannot read them w/o the book being right beside me. I have to look up each card whenever I do use it, thus I rarely grab this oracle first. it is always jumping out at me when I do end up reading with it.

I can't help but to think it is the faeries themselves sending me strong vibes that I must read with them when I do so. they work in mysterious ways, these faeries! :D

and, btw, it appears that the reading I did was well received by the person I exchanged with. I think it was SarahMae that I did that exchange with. so, there ya go! they KNOW when they need to give out advice. :p

caridwen

edited not talking about faeries but Frouds deck - oops:D

a_shikhs

CN, isn't it great how the fae make sure to grab your attention when they want to, no matter what. And they always have the right message, which always makes sense. :laugh:
I had been pondering about a decision since the past few days and last night while playing with the faeries, I got the answer smack hard which totally blew me away. I'm going to leave them some milk and honey tonight.

Caridwen, you can talk about the deck too as it all leads to the fae folk in the end. Anything to do with faeries and I'm all ears. :D

caridwen

Caridwen, you can talk about the deck too as it all leads to the fae folk in the end. Anything to do with faeries and I'm all ears. :D

I was saying how much I love faeries as they were a large part of my childhood. My favourite are the ancient Celtic faeries and folklore. I love tales about mischevious sprites and pixies and pooka.

I love the Faery Ring Oracle because it gives all the fae from British folklore with some Irish. The idea of magic used to thrill me as a child and I wanted to be a wizard. This was way before Harry Potter. I loved Lord of the Rings and The Wizard of Earthsea and have read them many times.

I really though faeries existed when I was a child and looked out for rings of mushrooms where they used to dance.:D

celticnoodle

CN, isn't it great how the fae make sure to grab your attention when they want to, no matter what. And they always have the right message, which always makes sense. :laugh:

:p yes, and you know, last night I decided to ask the faeries a question and do another reading with them. but, the answer didn't make any sense what so ever! It made me realize that the only time this deck will work for me is when it is calling to me. they sure do have a mind of their own it seems! and yet, while I say this about the deck of cards, I surprise myself too, because I also always say that the cards are only a tool that we use. I do feel that way, but this deck....I don't know. it does truly feel like it has a mind of its own at times!

caridwen, I also love the faeries and am of Celtic descent, (Irish and Scottish mostly). My Irish grandparents were always telling us stories of the faeries and especially the leprechauns. So, I also grew up knowing about them and doing special things for them, (such as being careful where you threw water outside, so you didn't drench them). My grandfather was a tiny man, and he sort of looked like a leprechaun, and he always told us he WAS a leprechaun. :p As a result, I grew up with a fond attachment to the fae and all too. :)

I also use to look under the mushrooms for faeries running around and encouraged my nieces and nephews to do that, as well as our daughter and soon I will do the same with my granddaughter. :D