Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Pyschobilly Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Resident

RoseNocturnalia 
Resident

I don't really have anything constructive to add, but I just wanted to say that the art and aesthetic you've chosen is brilliant!
Top   #21
Seeking wisdom, peace, and solitude

Annabelle 
Seeking wisdom, peace, and solitude

This deck looks so utterly AWESOME so far.

My 2 cents on the card borders, for what it's worth -- I really like the ornate borders. It brings something to the art, rather than taking away from it.

But I've always been a border-apologist .
Top   #22
Future Fella

agviz 
Future Fella

The artwork is gorgeous! It's deep in detail, rich, and captivating. I knew nothing about Pyschobilly or what it meant until now, but it didn't stop me from being drawn in. I love the borders even though I'm usually not into larger ones, although these seemed a tad dark. I suspect tarot is often read in less than optimal lighting, and fear the border detailing might get lost in a darker setting. Love that Ace of Swords!
Top   #23
Resident

Zipgun 
Resident
Single color sepia variation

No new art this week, be we do have something for you to look at. We are trying out some color variations. Here are three of the designs in sepia. You can see everything we have so far on the Psychobilly Tarot Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/psychobillytarot
Attached Images

Top   #24
Resident

Zipgun 
Resident
New Card Design- Wheel of Fortune

Have not posted any in awhile, but more are done and more coming soon.
Attached Images

Top   #25
Future Fella

agviz 
Future Fella

Great stuff!
Top   #26
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

To be honest, when I first saw the title of this thread and the first scans, I thought maybe a "Redneck Rampage" vibe, and then maybe an Ed "Big Daddy" Roth aesthetic. But the art is a bit more "dignified" than either one (not sure it's what you were after, but there it is). I'm warming up to the pips a bit more than the majors right now, which I think bodes well for a 78-card extravaganza

ETA: But I do love the "hubcap" - or is it "mag?" - look of that Wheel.
Top   #27
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipgun View Post
It's kind of hard to convey the triumph inherent in the card if your automobile needs to be pulled by anything (being light hearted, not snarky ). What we have done is change the design from sphinxes (ours are hawk headed) pulling the chariot to being supporters of the design, so that we keep them in a modified form.
Hmmm . . . just thinkin' you could show a "monster truck" pull with the big rigs pulling an Egyptian stone sphinx. Turn the imagery on its head, but maybe that's too "Bud Lite" for psychobilly. Just being light-hearted too, pay no attention to that man behind the monitor
Top   #28
Resident

Zipgun 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
To be honest, when I first saw the title of this thread and the first scans, I thought maybe a "Redneck Rampage" vibe, and then maybe an Ed "Big Daddy" Roth aesthetic. But the art is a bit more "dignified" than either one (not sure it's what you were after, but there it is). I'm warming up to the pips a bit more than the majors right now, which I think bodes well for a 78-card extravaganza

ETA: But I do love the "hubcap" - or is it "mag?" - look of that Wheel.
We are really trying to be diverse in the images, as long as they remain true to the genre and work for reading. That's one of the great things about Psychobilly, it overlaps with a lot of interests that are great visually- gear heads, pin ups, rockabilly music, old horror and sic fi, tattoos, etc. We might do some Big Daddy style cards and will be doing some more monster cards as well.

We are going to be doing a Kickstarter very soon, shooting for April, for a majors deck. A full deck is something we very much want to do.

Yes, it is a Mag wheel.
Top   #29
Resident

Zipgun 
Resident
The Tower

Another new card- The Tower.
Attached Images

Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.