Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 6 - #126

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 6
Number: 126

Symbol: AN OLD FASHIONED CONSERVATIVE WOMAN IS CONFRONTED BY AN UP-TO-DATE GIRL.

MCsea

Jones Key Word: Contrast
Jane Ridder-Patrick : Entrance of pulmonary artery
Crystal : Peridot gem quality forsterite-olivine. Peridot promotes goddess transformational energies, attracts luck, good health and success.

Status, self awareness and self esteem, social awareness (lots of S sounds there) renewal change effort

There's a brand new dance
But I don't know it's name
That people from bad homes
Do again and again
It's big and it's bland
Full tension and fear
They do it over there
But we don't do it here

Fashion - Turn to the left
Fashion - Turn to the right
We are the goon squad
And we're coming to town
Beep-beep - Beep-beep

Listen to me - Don't listen to me
Talk to me - Don't talk to me
Dance with me - Don't dance with me
No - Beep-beep - Beep-beep

There's a brand new talk
But it's not very clear
That people from good homes
Are talking this year
It's loud and it's tasteless
I've not heard it before
Shout it while you're dancing
On the -er dance floor

Fashion - Turn to the left
Fashion - Turn to the right
We are the goon squad
And we're coming to town
Beep-beep - Beep-beep

Listen to me - Don't listen to me
Talk to me - Don't talk to me
Dance with me - Don't dance with me
No - Beep-beep - Beep-beep

David Bowie - fashion

hmm it IS about choice!

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 338

tink27

purple_scorp said:
I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Oh my! purple_scorp, you have no idea how much this picture speaks to me! In August, I had the pleasure of doing a reading with Helvetica, in the Sabian Symbol Reading Exchange. It was called Messages From The Other Side. A dear friend that had passed away reflected to Helvetica some very deep and moving insights for me.

In regard to this symbol, this is what Helvetica's wisdom told me:

Helvetica said:
I think the energy around you wants to shake you up a little and make sure you don't grow complacent in your life… before you can confront things in your life that need change, you must see clearly and in a detached manner. If you are too attached to things (the conservative woman), you will not be able to change (the up-to-date girl). I think this is to do with something in your daily life, but it also pertains to your spiritual life. Stop clinging to things you thought were certain, it's telling you. Have you been static or stagnant in some way? That energy from the Other Side is there to remind you to move and to accept change - or change will be imposed on you

You need to detach and use clear sight from above, and use discernment, to see where you are stuck and hanging onto something - in your daily life, but also mirrored in your spiritual life and contact with the other side. You can't force the pace, but you do need to confront yourself. It's possible that this confrontation will have a real-life element - you will confront someone or someone will confront you.

Looking at your picture, purple_scorp, the first thing that popped into my head was "since when do you care what I'm doing or what I'm feeling"...as I thought this another thought struck me....is this also a separation of a person from their own self image?? Are these also negative feelings that can take us away from our true Self!!

Oh another thought, could this also be someone with obsessive and compulsive behaviors?

Gosh! Not only does this affect the relationship of Me in Me, but all my relationships. I have noticed that since I have cut many of the ties that bind, I have been feeling more empowered, my heart more centered and I've also found fewer complications in my relationships with others. Even my work has been more enjoyable.

This image, expressed during the August Sabian Symbol Exchange, definitely reflected the relationship I have had with my mother. I have been recently 'mothering myself'.

Listening to the advice of Helvetica, I brought my mother's image for whom I have held resentment and anger, into my mind. In a meditative state I brought her into my heart (difficult to do in the awakened state) and forgave her for whatever she had done in the past. I allowed her energy for a time to merge with mine, and then I let her go, gently, wishing her well in this world. Our energies that were snarled and tense have softened. The dark stiff cord that bound us together.....I cut it loose, I let it go, and as I do this each time, I felt incredibly lighter. It's like letting the string of a balloon go!

Ohh I have a long way to go with this symbol, I know that, but cutting the ties that bind and drain my energy is getting easier......as I continue with this meditation, I also feel myself being liberated by own fears........as Helvetica said, "you need to detach and use clear sight from above"....I'm working on it, and as I do, the old fashioned conserative woman is gently falling away like ash from the inner fire of the up-to-date girl! Wow!

Thank you both!!

tink :love:

MCsea

Leo 6
Birthdays: July 27th–29th
Numerology: 126
Sabian Symbol: An old-fashioned woman and an up-to-date girl
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Contrast
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Entrance of pulmonary artery
Crystal Element: Peridot
Expression: Peridot is gem-quality forsterite-olivine. Peridot promotes goddess transformational energies, and attracts luck, good health and success.
Message: Engage ancient, contemporary and future traditions, customs and ideals.
Sun Focus: You have the ability to evaluate people and situations, distinguishing and refining the best from what is available.
Affirmation: I am fully self-aware; my status and self-esteem are high.