Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 25 - #145

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 25
Number: 145

Symbol: A LARGE CAMEL CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 301

huredriel

Just copying in my previous thoughts :)

huredriel said:
Leo 25 - A Large Camel Crossing a Vast and Forbidding Desert.
Air to Fire ....... thought to passion ...... Leo Strength and Sun ...... clarity and determination ..... 2 and 5 ...... High Priestess and High Priest .... a marriage between the two .... again two parts becoming one? A camel is strong, sturdy ....... large could denote the wealth of wisdom that someone has accumulated and now carries with them on their new journey. They are moving, not static ........ and the description makes me think of a long journey ...... this is not something to be rushed ..... the camel can travel long distances quite easily by comparison to other animals ...... so to some the desert would be scary and forbidding ....... to the camel it is a necessary passage. Makes me think also of how hard the journey can be of looking within ....... and needing the Sun's light to shine upon the shadows

tink27

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 25
Number: 145

Symbol: A LARGE CAMEL CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.

In the course of different studies, I’ve dabbled a bit into the Qabala. It has been said that the Camel, also known as Gimel is associated with the High Priestess in the tarot card…….she is the one that will carry you or me through the mysteries of the great desert. But first, we have to be willing to give ourselves to her. The camel is a willful creature and when trained, can be directed to carry quite a hefty cargo.

Purple_scorp, when I looked at your image of a lone camel…..I said to myself where is the rider.

Hmm, many of our life's lessons involve losses of somekind and even death of loved ones. When this happens we are forced to bear the weight of a lot of pain. This is when we must muster all our strength and not only let go of something or someone but realize we will no longer have them in our lives. When we understand what we loved and appreciated what we had, we can begin developing these attributes within ourselves. When we have the ability to this, we are free to look into our future. The burden of course will be considerable but we must meet this task with equal measure and fill this void within ourselves.

An interesting site...

http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/kabbalah/wormholeofdaath.html

The experience of the void was known to the ancient Qabbalists as the experience of the Abyss over which Daath becomes as a bridge, being that of the pathway, which links the two sephirah of Tiphareth and Kether. The Hebrew letter associated with the pathway that links Tiphareth and Kether is 'Gimel' that means a 'Camel'. The ancient Iranians associated the Camel with the Serpent Dragon, which the Qabbalists see as being the vehicle, which carries ones awareness over the desert of worlds and through the Abyss at Daath.

The Tarot card associated with the pathway of Gimel is that of Priestess of the ‘Silver Star’. The ‘Silver Star’ is associated with the star of Sirius. The image of the Priestess is depicted seated upon a throne between two pylons one ‘White’ the other ‘Black’ forming a gateway of a stargate

tink :love:

MCsea

Leo 25
Birthdays: August 16th–18th
Numerology: 145
Sabian Symbol: A large camel crossing the desert
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Adequacy
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Pericardium
Crystal Element: Desert Rose
Expression: Desert Rose is the common name for rosette formations of gypsum. It promotes spiritual growth and the awakening of clairvoyant and clairaudient abilities.
Message: Remain centred and confident as ample provisions are available.
Sun Focus: Focused and determined, you have the ability to go the distance, emotionally sustaining others.
Affirmation: I have the nourishment, resourcefulness and endurance to survive.

MCsea

There have been other threads with great descriptions of this symbol in it, I just wanted to add so many times this symbol really does mean long distance travel!
:)