"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

tarotlyn

deleted, cuz i changed my mind...:p

ETA: Oh my gosh, that Fool card is too adorable! :D
:heart: He is so cute and perfect to lead off the deck :thumbsup:

Oh dear...okay! i thought about a small scattering of stars and perhaps a crescent moon in the sky...but thought better of it, as i don't think it is night, or is it? :)

ETA: Or a little chi face in the moon...:laugh: [After all, everyone knows the Moon is made of "Chi's"...:laugh:]

Now i am really going a little over the top with silliness i....:p

Well, you DID ask! :laugh:
:heart: Chi in a moon sounds cute, BUT a moon won't go with the colorful 'daytime' photo
i just found and like the best so far... (see below, sis) ...and don't worry about being silly...as
i have gone silly now anyway :p:laugh:

Well, I loved it by itself but side by side with the card it is like it clashes too much...It's too blue....but I'm thinking that the 1st one that I loved also by itself would appear probably too green with the more "blue" cards...

Thus, I'm thinking that maybe the cards need a back that would be more neutral like "earth tones" to work with all the cards? So it would not be green neither would it be blue, but would be like an old castle during the fall season???? Might be worth to try??:bugeyed:

Or, I wonder if maybe using a "tapestry" pic of a Medieval castle? I don't know if you can find one that would be PD, but if you know where to find one that might be worth trying?

Sorry, to throw so many ideas while you are editing :love:
:heart: LadyZelda, i tried tapestries, but they didn't work out because they have a border...
and i can't have a border on the backs and when i took off the tapestry border it didn't look right...
But i found another photo that is colorful...and i like it...i want the Medieval title to stay on the castle...so that is not optional...
Thank you for making me look for a new back...i like this one now...for sure...as it matches ALL the cards extremely well ...

And maybe having somehow a little Chi reminder somewhere on the pic, not big just a little "wink" reminder...if the pic gives that opening...???
:heart: My 'Chi reminder' is the Medieval sign on the castle top...and it stays...my choice this time. :D:p:laugh:

Thank you all again...

Here is the new and final (i hope :bugeyed:) card back ~ with Campa's final King of Coins
...he now has new ears and eyes from his FB photos i found today...:)

...and the new backs with Pinto...much better...right?

:heart: Lyn

Attachments

• BACKS.final.version.5.with.final.Campa.kingofcoins.jpg
    BACKS.final.version.5.with.final.Campa.kingofcoins.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 65
  • BACKS.final.version.5.with.Pinto.jpg
    BACKS.final.version.5.with.Pinto.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 66

Sinduction

Oh my dear Lyn :heart: My baby boy Campa looks so handsome! :D

I can't wait to have this deck!

tarotlyn

Oh my dear Lyn :heart: My baby boy Campa looks so handsome! :D

I can't wait to have this deck!
:heart::) He really looks so much better than my earlier attemps :p
If you send me your email (i just looked and can't find it now) then i will send you the big
900 x 1500 pixel image without the copyright lines going through it...(but my regular copyright
will still be on the golden heart)...

:heart: Sinduction, i am so happy you like Campa's card now :)

...see you all tomorrow...turning in for the night...need some rest...
:heart: Lyn

LadyZelda

You've worked wonders again!

:thumbsup: Absolutely exquisite! :love: You've found the perfect match: it is Medieval, the colors are impeccable! This back will go with all the cards! :thumbsup:

Yep, I do :love: also our Fool card, Pinto is such a cute dog perfect to start a Tarot journey!;)

And little Campa our King of Coins is just great!:love:

Well, I'm delighted with all your last minute editing! :thumbsup:

Great job my friend! :love: :D

ETA: I don't mind about the name of the Tarot on the tower. It is subbtle and won't bother me at all :D

MoonGypsy

The images look fab; and i do like these backs best of all...even with the deck title; because as Lady Z mentioned, it is subtle and unobtrusive. Getting quite excited! :D

celticnoodle

I must say, TarotLyn, you outdid yourself in this deck!

I LOVE the backs and I love the border on these individual cards as well. And, well, the cards themselves are quite cute too. I also cannot wait till this deck is available. Maybe I'll even drive out to our favorite save a hound home and show them your incredible deck when I get mine to see if they'd like to include it in their little gift shop. :)

LadyZelda

I must say, TarotLyn, you outdid yourself in this deck!

I LOVE the backs and I love the border on these individual cards as well. And, well, the cards themselves are quite cute too. I also cannot wait till this deck is available. Maybe I'll even drive out to our favorite save a hound home and show them your incredible deck when I get mine to see if they'd like to include it in their little gift shop. :)

That's a great idea! :thumbsup: And this is giving me another! I will go to my local esoteric store and show them the deck and ask them if they'd be interested in selling it! :D

Bhavana

I wonder whether that applies to cats, as well. My cat was rescued, and is black.

I have never heard that this applies to cats - but it might, especially considering the reputation of the black cat ....however, there are always those who love black cats!

Lyn, I agreed with whoever it was who suggested a plain card back, maybe with a geometric design - but if I had to choose, I like the last one you did!

Debra

Animal shelters stop adopting out black cats about a week before Halloween because they believe some people adopt those cats and then kill them.

LadyZelda

Animal shelters stop adopting out black cats about a week before Halloween because they believe some people adopt those cats and then kill them.

That is also what I read...I heard that some "Chrisitians" (don't remember which denomination) might still be against black cats viewing them as evil, satanic creatures just like Christians did during Middle Ages. Back then, so many were unfortunately massacred...the innocent victims of a religious frenzy.

One of my kitty is a black cat, she came to my place as a starving kitten, she is a year old now, very pretty and she is such a sweet, affectionate cat! :love:

I can't comprehend how some people can be so cruel with animals. :bugeyed: :mad: