How to be happier in everyday life?

Saskia

Hello all, here's another self-help spread I'm so fond of :) I started an article series about how to be more satisfied with life, the first part is here: how to be happier in everyday life and created a spread to help find it:

1. What should I focus more in my everyday life?
2. What should I focus less in my everyday life?
3. What could I focus more in the grand scheme of things?
4. What should I focus less in the grand scheme of things?
5. What new skill would be beneficial for me?
6. What I'm still holding on that doesn't serve me at all?

Here's my own sample reading:

1. Knight of Pentacles - get things done, even if it's just one little piece of what I want to achieve. Slow and steady win the race.

2. 5 Cups - being disappointed by what I didn't get, what didn't materialise. I have heaps of plans and ideas all the time and more than half just dissipate due to lack of action, making me feel I've lost something. Keep your eyes on what matters - what you still have and can be grateful for.

3. Justice - making deliberated, well balanced decisions based on facts and weighing the long term consequences. Also karma: avoid bad, accrue good :)

4. Queen of Swords - this is my work role, the ultimate female Virgo boss. It's a part of my life I somewhat enjoy but it definitely is not who I really am deep down.

5. Queen of Pentacles - I already am pragmatic, down to earth and good with money so this might actually point to motherhood? I'm not a mother yet and I'm very much on the fence do I want to be. Need to explore this more.

6. 2 Swords - get rid of indecisiveness. My plans and ideas for the future can't materialise if I keep staying on the fence and flipping back and forth with what I want. As long as I'm keeping uncertainty in the air, no clear path can appear.

Happy exploring!

Citrin

Thank you, I've printed this out to try later today. :) I like your spreads, Saskia! They're very practical and down to earth, which I find useful.

Saskia

Thank you Citrin! I like self-exploration in a practical level, good to know these are of help!

cozmo0_4

Hi. Easily confused here again.
I've just done your spread which in some places was interesting for me but my fall down being a learner is in the positions of 1 and 3 - what if the cards here are more hazy. Let's say 1 for example
What should I focus on more every day. Moon.
I'm not asking for an interpretation obviously, as this was my card in this position. I see this card as a strongly opposing card and have difficulty making it into a what focus kind of question. - may make my read more difficult as I don't use reversals.

DDwarks

Hi. Easily confused here again.
I've just done your spread which in some places was interesting for me but my fall down being a learner is in the positions of 1 and 3 - what if the cards here are more hazy. Let's say 1 for example
What should I focus on more every day. Moon.
I'm not asking for an interpretation obviously, as this was my card in this position. I see this card as a strongly opposing card and have difficulty making it into a what focus kind of question. - may make my read more difficult as I don't use reversals.

I think you need to find the positive aspects of those opposing cards. The moon as a positive to me would be linked to psychic abilities. The Tower would be working at dismantling something in my life ready for new foundations.

cozmo0_4

I think you need to find the positive aspects of those opposing cards. The moon as a positive to me would be linked to psychic abilities. The Tower would be working at dismantling something in my life ready for new foundations.

Ahh I have trouble making the positive out of the negative cards (yes I know there truly are no positives and negative cards but you know what I mean). Your tower explanation has made that really obvious how to achieve that. I'm going to pull some cards I feel more difficult to read as a good side of them and put this to practice for the evening. Then I'll write my reading out again for myself in a clearer light. Thank you

ninibae

Hello all, here's another self-help spread I'm so fond of :) I started an article series about how to be more satisfied with life, the first part is here: how to be happier in everyday life and created a spread to help find it:

1. What should I focus more in my everyday life?
2. What should I focus less in my everyday life?
3. What could I focus more in the grand scheme of things?
4. What should I focus less in the grand scheme of things?
5. What new skill would be beneficial for me?
6. What I'm still holding on that doesn't serve me at all?

Here's my own sample reading:

1. Knight of Pentacles - get things done, even if it's just one little piece of what I want to achieve. Slow and steady win the race.

2. 5 Cups - being disappointed by what I didn't get, what didn't materialise. I have heaps of plans and ideas all the time and more than half just dissipate due to lack of action, making me feel I've lost something. Keep your eyes on what matters - what you still have and can be grateful for.

3. Justice - making deliberated, well balanced decisions based on facts and weighing the long term consequences. Also karma: avoid bad, accrue good :)

4. Queen of Swords - this is my work role, the ultimate female Virgo boss. It's a part of my life I somewhat enjoy but it definitely is not who I really am deep down.

5. Queen of Pentacles - I already am pragmatic, down to earth and good with money so this might actually point to motherhood? I'm not a mother yet and I'm very much on the fence do I want to be. Need to explore this more.

6. 2 Swords - get rid of indecisiveness. My plans and ideas for the future can't materialise if I keep staying on the fence and flipping back and forth with what I want. As long as I'm keeping uncertainty in the air, no clear path can appear.

Happy exploring!

Hello Saskia !
Is it okay to tell me how you asked your question ' how to be happier in everyday life' to your cards ? Did you have that question in your mind when you shuffled your cards? OR you thought about all of those 6 questions including your main question when you shuffled your cards and then pulled out 6 cards one by one ?