The Path of The Emperor

Aeon418

So the Star maybe does get direct light vibrations on the path of Heh, from Aleph, unlike the Emperor who seems to only get part of the secondary 'light' - logos/word? of Chokmah.
You might find this quote from the 7th aethyr interesting.
7th Aethyr said:
Now, there is a mystery in the word Logos, that containeth the three letters whose analogy hath been shown in the lower heavens, Samech, and Lamed, and Gimel, that are 93, which is thrice 31, and in them are set the two eyes of Horus. (Ayin means an eye.) For, if it were not so, the arrow could not pierce the rainbow, and there could be no poise in the balance, and the Great Book should never be unsealed. But this is she that poureth the Water of Life upon her head, whence it floweth to fructify the earth.
LOGOS.

LGS = 93.

OO = Twin Eyes of Horus. All seeing eyes. :bugeyed:

smw

There is a bit more. ;) The rest of the verse says, "my prophet shall reveal it to the wise."

The letter Heh means window. But other meanings associated with the letter are look, behold, reveal, revelation. Also breath or sigh.

"Tzaddi is not the Star. This also is secret: my prophet shall reveal (Heh) it to the wise."

Also in verse 5(Heh) Nuit asks for help in her "unveiling". Naked revelation!

So it's a revelation... Of someone... Tzaddi.. Tzaddik.. Tzadikim, the righeous :laugh: I have overwhelmed my head this morning

foolMoon

Hello FM

I had a listen to that, when he got to the Tzaddi swop and said the author's contention is...the video went funny... I guess you would have to buy the book he was showing.

Hi smw

I noticed it too. I think the book is rare and way too over priced from Amazon recently, but if one can find it for under a tenner, it would be a good book to add to Tarot Library. I certainly wouldn't pay for it more than that. :D

For the topic discussion, I think PHB seems doubting if Crowley's switching the association was all that making sense or practical. He even says "Crowley fudged it somehow in Book of Thoth."

In some way PHB seems right, but when we read BoL and other writings about the topic Crowley's point seem making sense too.

At the end of the day, I feel each has to make own choice who to follow, as there are various schools and Occultists with different association and ideas.

Aeon418

I had a listen to that, when he got to the Tzaddi swop and said the author's contention is...the video went funny... I guess you would have to buy the book he was showing.
Some people think the Tzaddi that Crowley drew in the original manuscript of The Book of the Law isn't really a Tzaddi at all. Apparently it's some sort of arcane glyph meaning .... something.

All Crowley's references to Tzaddi in published works are thought to be blinds to lead the ignorant astray. Although I'm not sure who he was trying to fool in his own private diaries. :confused:

My opinion is that Crowley wrote down a quick and dodgy looking Tzaddi during the dictation of The Book of the Law and touched it up later. Crowley may have been able to write English words in haste, but Hebrew? On second thoughts, Crowley's English handwriting is absolutely atrocious! And people are expecting his Hebrew to be half way decent? :bugeyed::laugh:

Aeon418

I'm not so sure about the job share either, though there just seems to be something missing as if there is a bit more to the phrase 'Tzaddi is not the Star'...
If Nuit provides us with the first half of the puzzle maybe Hadit gives us the other half.
Liber CCXX said:
15 ... The Empress and the King are not of me for there is a further secret
16. I am The Empress & the Hierophant. Thus eleven as my bride is eleven.
The natural spelling of HAD has the letters of the Empress and the King(Emperor as Heh) at either end, but it's numerical value is 10 not 11. If we substitute the Hierophant for the King(Emperor) we get VAD.

VAD = 6+1+4 = 11

By Tarot: V + 0 + III = 8

Hang on a minute! Those numbers look familiar. They are the balancing switch of VIII and XI.

Vau, Aleph, Daleth, are 3 of the 4 paths connecting to Chokmah. The only path missing is Heh - the old path of the Emperor - who is not of Hadit. So what happens if we place the Star on that path instead?

The Star is the "Khabs", the House of Hadit. The spiritual manifestation of one person from the infinite possiblites of Nu.

Incidentally VAD in Latin means, "Go".
CCXX said:
7 ... Come unto me is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

smw

If Nuit provides us with the first half of the puzzle maybe Hadit gives us the other half.The natural spelling of HAD has the letters of the Empress and the King(Emperor as Heh) at either end, but it's numerical value is 10 not 11. If we substitute the Hierophant for the King(Emperor) we get VAD

This reminds me of "Ten are the numbers of the ineffable sephiroth, Ten and not nine, Ten and not eleven from the Sepher Yetzirah. (Perfect?) With the Heirophant bringing the significant number now to eleven, it's associated with the eleven letters of abrahadabra - with Had in the middle there. Also, uniting the micro (5 pentagram) and macro (6 hexagram), divinity and humankind, as above, so below. Also, to the Sephira Da'ath within the abyss, which if numbered would make 11 sephiroth instead of the perfect 10.

Crowley talks about Abrahadabra being too 'perfect' to be applied in advance to any lesser magical operations as it isthe archetype of them all...and too secret... or something like that... sounds like the Fool, all and Not, nothing and so perfect as there is no limit or edge to find imperfection.

The book of the Law ch 2 you mentioned talks of the secret theme earlier too, ~the hiding of Hadit~ sec 4. "yet she shall be known & I never". Then positioned in 6. "I am the flame that burns in every heart of man, and in the core of every Star"

VAD = 6+1+4 = 11

By Tarot: V + 0 + III = 8

Hang on a minute! Those numbers look familiar. They are the balancing switch of VIII and XI.

Interesting !

smw

Incidentally VAD in Latin means, "Go".

I just looked that up. Apparently, Vadere mecum means "to go with me". Some translations include items that are usually carried around, like an essential iPhone. Hadit can't 'come' to us- because we are carrying him around as part of us... That sounds unfortunately a bit like luggage...:laugh:

Aeon418

smw said:
This reminds me of "Ten are the numbers of the ineffable sephiroth, Ten and not nine, Ten and not eleven from the Sepher Yetzirah. (Perfect?) With the Heirophant bringing the significant number now to eleven, it's associated with the eleven letters of abrahadabra - with Had in the middle there. Also, uniting the micro (5 pentagram) and macro (6 hexagram), divinity and humankind, as above, so below. Also, to the Sephira Da'ath within the abyss, which if numbered would make 11 sephiroth instead of the perfect 10.
I agree with the abrahadabra connection, but I'm not so sure about the inclusion of the psuedo-sephira Da'ath and the supposed perfection of 10. The Thelemic qabalah begins from the perfection of the sacred Zero (0=2). Instead of the series 1 to 10, we have 0 to 10 which is 11 digits. In the pre-Thelemic qabalah the number 11 was said to represent 'evil' and the Qliphoth because it was 1 more than 10 and also because 1+1=2, i.e. duality. Within the context of Thelema 11 is the active expression of Zero. (+1) + (-1)=0, or 0=2. What the 'old timers' thought to be evil we reinterpret and embrace as the Holy of Holies. This is a common theme within Thelema.

A couple of quotes from Liber 418 might shed a little light on this. This first one sees our favourite Emperor throwing the sort of tantrum usually reserved for small children in supermarket checkout lines. :laugh:
16th Aethyr said:
Now at last he appears in the gloom. He is a mighty King, with crown and orb and sceptre, and his robes are of purple and gold. And he casts down the orb and sceptre to the earth, and he tears off his crown, and throws it on the ground, and tramples it. And he tears out his hair, that is of ruddy gold tinged with silver, and he plucks at his beard, and cries with as terrible voice: Woe unto me that am cast down from my place by the might of the new Aeon. For the ten palaces are broken, and the ten kings are carried away into bondage, and they are set to fight as the gladiators in the circus of him that hath laid his hand upon eleven. For the ancient tower is shattered by the Lord of the Flame and the Lightning. And they that walk upon their hands shall build the holy place. Blessed are they who have turned the Eye of Hoor unto the zenith, for they shall be filled with the vigour of the goat.

[*Crowley commentary: For 10 is the stable number of the established system, which regards 11 the number of Magick (by the equation 0 = 2 = 11, 11 being the active form of 2) as "Evil". Hence the Beast took 11 as his formula and thereby destroyed the 10.]
The phrase "they that walk upon their hands shall build the holy place" is interesting. It symbolises the reversal of spiritual perspective inplied by "the Khabs(Star) is in the Khu". Divinity doesn't shine down from above (Emperor), it is within the heart of each man and woman (Star).
Aleister Crowley said:
See Atu XVI. The figures cast out of the Tower are in the form of the letter Ayin; they "walk upon their hands". They pertain to Capricorn; --- Set or Had, i.e. the Holy Place is to be built from within, from the "core of every star", not from above, as in the shattered tower of Theism.
The primacy of the monotheistic One is brought into question in the 21st Aethyr.
21st Aethyr said:
And a great Angel sweeps through the wind, and catches hold of me, and bears me up against it; and he sets me down on the hither side of the wind, and he whispers in my ear: Go thou forth into the world, O thrice and four times blessed who hast gazed upon the horror of the loneliness of The First. No man shall look upon his face and live. And thou hast seen his eyes, and understood his heart, for the voice of the ape is the pulse of his heart and the labouring of his breast. Go, therefore, and rejoice, for thou art the prophet of the Aeon arising, wherein He is not.
Give thou praise unto thy lady Nuit, and unto her lord Hadit, that are for thee and thy bride, and the winners of the ordeal X.

[*Crowley commentary: In the Ontology of the New Aeon, whose prime theorem is 0 = 2, Kether exists only as the Child of any Marriage of one particular Hadit with one particular aspect of Nuit. There are thus as many Kethers as there are positive possibilities. More, Kether is not in any case a sole Unity, for each Marriage produces a Twin, Heh + Yod = Heh + Vau. There is a positive "Third Being", a Kether; and there is an Ecstasy, or dissolution into Nothing, by the same Event. One is the Magical, the other the Mystical, Result of an Act of Love under Will.