Deviant Moon Companion Book

Herodotus

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it looks like a phenomenal book in every way. Judging by reviews and photos I've seen, one couldn't ask for more from a companion book.
I am extremely hesitant to actually get it, though, because of its sheer size. It almost seems like too much of a good thing, when all I'm really looking for is a simpler companion book to fill in the blanks left by the LWB.

Has anyone here experienced similar doubts and gone ahead and gotten the book anyway? What do you think?

blackmoonbee

I have the book. It is huge and pain to carry to the coffee shop. However it is a great book that extends beyond the LWB by providing personal context to the art and graphics in the deck/card. The book discusses the symbolism and story of (some) cards between cards you learn more about the artist.
No it is not handy for the on the go reader.
It is more of a read the book, take copious notes, store it in an accessible reference area.

I strongly encourage DM users to buy and read the book the cards mean a bit more to me now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herodotus

Damn. I might have to just bite the bullet and get it, then.

Thanks.

Winterchild

I strongly encourage DM users to buy and read the book the cards mean a bit more to me now.

I couldn't agree more... this is not just a Tarot guidebook, it is actually evolutionary in the world of Tarot literature and art.... No one has done anything like this before, it is autobiographical, an artists sketchbook, a journey through the creation of a Tarot deck over 30 years or so as well as a guidebook and a lush piece of art in itself....

If you have any interest in the Deviant Moon, in art or the creation of Taort decks then you need this book, far more than you need those next couple of *bandwagon* decks...

Trust me!!

winterchild

Herodotus

Well, I went ahead and got the book.

You guys were totally right. It's phenomenal.