Your most UNREADABLE deck

CosmicTarot

I don't even have this deck and while I LOVE the look of it, I think it's beautiful and I would definitely want to own it, I'd probably never use it for a "serious" reading.

The Wild Unknown Tarot.

I should probably not say anything before I've tried it, but to me it's pretty imagery in the format of a Tarot Deck. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos for zodiacs monthly when people use it and it just makes me shrug.

Am I wrong about this deck? I'm tempted to buy it but I'm not sure it's worth the price if I won't use it for readings.

crystaleagle

I got WU when it first came out and I never read with it. I enjoy looking at it but for readings I always choose a different deck.

CosmicTarot

I got WU when it first came out and I never read with it. I enjoy looking at it but for readings I always choose a different deck.

That's my suspicion as well. It just doesn't speak to me. I get no stories. No vibes. It's just delightful images, but I wouldn't be able to use it to paint a picture of a situation, and I also feel like the symbolism is lacking. Thanks for your reply!

Simple

Green Witch Tarot for me. I was so looking forward to it, followed it a year prior to its release. But, some depictions just didn't do it for me. And the whole deck ultimately became unreadable even though I love the art style.

Edward Tarot Hands

I recently aquired the Sola Busca
I had a look at it and i have the book by Sophia Di Vincenzo but it looks as it will be a tough one to read with unless I do some serious homework on Roman mythology and history. Which I can't see myself doing in the near future
Cool deck to have though

CharlotteK

Medieval Scapini I can't do anything with. I have the kit which is the book (great) and the "not very good" version of the deck (boo) and it's like trying to read cards that have been immersed in a muddy puddle. Exhausting.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

barefootlife

In one of the worst ironies ever, I can't read the RWS deck. The style of the illustrations and the garish colors just entirely put me off, and it feels very rigid and unyielding, like it doesn't want to be interpreted. I read RWS style (Wild Unknown is the deck that speaks most to me), and of course I've studied the meanings of the original deck, but the RWS itself might as well be a brick wall.

kalliope

The Wild Unknown Tarot.

I should probably not say anything before I've tried it, but to me it's pretty imagery in the format of a Tarot Deck. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos for zodiacs monthly when people use it and it just makes me shrug.

Am I wrong about this deck? I'm tempted to buy it but I'm not sure it's worth the price if I won't use it for readings.

That's my suspicion as well. It just doesn't speak to me. I get no stories. No vibes. It's just delightful images, but I wouldn't be able to use it to paint a picture of a situation, and I also feel like the symbolism is lacking. Thanks for your reply!

This is actually the deck that I read best with, I think! But I almost only read it in 3-card pulls that I take together to deliver a message, usually in a sentence or two. Not with positional, strictly past-present-future spreads. The sparseness of symbolism is fine with me because I'm not much for digging deeply into symbols in the cards. I'm also turned off by the people in many decks due to art style or photography (cheesy faces, etc), so I don't mind that there aren't people, either!

What really works for me with the WU, in addition to broad RWS card meanings, is noticing the movement of light & dark, shape & color, through the line of cards. Kind of like choreography or a moving spotlight of attention, and then seeing how that feels, and what meaning it implies to me. (I sometimes read the International Icon in a similar manner but by looking at the body language changing through the cards.) This works well for me when reading for myself, anyway. (ETA: And this isn't because I'm a visual arts sort of person: I can't read the TdM very well AT ALL by using Enrique-style analysis of flower & leaf shapes, etc... Something about the stark B&W quality of the WU makes a huge difference for me.)

As for unreadable decks, I have an especially hard time with the Klimt and Crystal Tarots, but want to keep them both because of their beauty.

Edward Tarot Hands

In one of the worst ironies ever, I can't read the RWS deck. The style of the illustrations and the garish colors just entirely put me off, and it feels very rigid and unyielding, like it doesn't want to be interpreted. I read RWS style (Wild Unknown is the deck that speaks most to me), and of course I've studied the meanings of the original deck, but the RWS itself might as well be a brick wall.

yeah I'm kinda with you. I don't have an RWS deck for the same reasons but I do appreciate the way it revolutionized Tarot