Which cards say narcissist?

Ebony

For me, it has always been the Prince of Cups in the Cosmic Tarot that made me think narcissist. The furrowed brow of judgment, the eyes of desire, and then there is also that scorpion on his arm, with stinger ready to strike on his whim! I don't think I have ever seen another card in any other deck that made me automatically think narcissist.
0980ccb18098fb5600245c0e2cf745e9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enlightenment23

I see the Kn of W keeps coming up. I can see it....a big ego, but I don't think the Kn of Wands hangs out long enough to take the time or that much interest. I'm trying to understand the 9 of C ....the "wish card"....alcoholic maybe, but I don't see manipulative power plays like you see in the Devil and the Magician "control" or the emotional insecurity compensation of the K and Kn of Cups

Just want to add my own two cents here. Personally, I've never seen the 9 of Cups as a "wish" card. I actually started a whole thread about it because, when I first started with tarot, I thought, "Oh! The 9 of Cups is the "wish" card. 'll get my wish!" But I've learned over time that the 9 of Cups' core meaning is about being satisfied in one's own company.

Remember, it's a nine, so it focuses on the self and being happy with it - even if ones "wishy" desires aren't granted.

Now when that 9 of Cups has a "negative" slant, that person is a bit too prideful of himself and too narcissistic. If we look at Rider Waite, he's showing off those cups and is happy to be sitting there, by himself, basking in glory.

But hey, everyone reads the card differently. But the 9 of Cups, unfortunately, never was my wish card lol.

CosmicTarot

For me, it has always been the Prince of Cups in the Cosmic Tarot that made me think narcissist.

Did someone say CosmicTarot? :p
I do agree, he looks like a real ill-willed Don Juan in the Cosmic Tarot deck, but I tend to read him more as a Casanova or a "dream lover". I will keep an eye out for his narcissistic tendencies in my future spreads, though.

Ruby Jewel

Just want to add my own two cents here. Personally, I've never seen the 9 of Cups as a "wish" card. I actually started a whole thread about it because, when I first started with tarot, I thought, "Oh! The 9 of Cups is the "wish" card. 'll get my wish!" But I've learned over time that the 9 of Cups' core meaning is about being satisfied in one's own company.

Remember, it's a nine, so it focuses on the self and being happy with it - even if ones "wishy" desires aren't granted.

Now when that 9 of Cups has a "negative" slant, that person is a bit too prideful of himself and too narcissistic. If we look at Rider Waite, he's showing off those cups and is happy to be sitting there, by himself, basking in glory.

But hey, everyone reads the card differently. But the 9 of Cups, unfortunately, never was my wish card lol.

The card is Jupiter. Jupiter is in charge of "luck". Maybe that is where it comes from, but just a guess. Also, Jupiter rules Pisces who are prone to alcoholism as they choose to live in a dream world.....Jupiter is also "expansive" which could account for so many cups....other than that, I am still a little vague on attributing anything too specific to that card, but I'm working on it.

Ruby Jewel

Self-deception is the first sort of deception a narcissist needs, and that's more Bad Pope than Devil territory. The Devil, whatever his flaws, doesn't make the mistake of believing his own lies.

Very true....

Ruby Jewel

I'm totally with you regarding KnoW. That's why I see him as the player and not a literal narcissist. I think (Rider-Waite) Nine of Cups coupled with Magician would give me: Self-conceited narcissist. Magician coupled with Devil: Ill intentions. Was it you who said something about narcissist in academia? That would definitely be KoS to me. But then again, he could just be cerebral and not a narcissist, so I'd look for other indications. After looking at Barleywine's post it did strike me that KoS coupled with Six of Wands, could signal someone who takes a lot of pride in their academic achievements. That could be well-deserved, but it could also be narcissism ...

Also, now I'm really curious about your experiences with narcissists in academia, but that would probably be way off topic.

Here's the link. This is the author of "The Narcissism Epidemic."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv2LkAWc7Tk

Barleywine

It seems Brian Williams had an eye for this sort of thing.

Attachments

• PoMo Narcissists.JPG
    PoMo Narcissists.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 498