Starlight Dragon Tarot

Dee Ell

I had to join something called Etsy to make a purchase.

I just have to say, I found this sentence incredibly adorable :) (Etsy is a site for independent artists and crafters and has been around for over a decade)

And thank you for sharing this unique deck discovery Patrick!

danieljuk

I hope you enjoy it Patrick! and agree with Dee Ell about your writing about Etsy was adorable! I've never had a problem with Etsy, I use it for buying craft gifts and greeting cards for people a lot and sometimes decks and mystical stuff from sellers :)

There is a longer discussion thread on AT about the deck if you want to read through it here. Note it started way before the deck was released and it was announced. Nora Huszka sometimes comes to the forum and posts, she is really nice if you ever contact her or ask her anything. I bought her previous deck, The Gypsy Palace Tarot.

Hope you update with what you think of the new deck when you get it Patrick :thumbsup:

Patrick Booker

Thanks for comments, danieljuk and Dee Ell. I hadn't seen the older thread. I think I had seen Etsy, but not realised what it was. Deck now on its way - will give impressions when it arrives.

Patrick

gregory

It's lovely. I was a backer, and was very impressed by the diagonal layout thing...

Patrick Booker

Deck should arrive shortly. There seems to be a book - 'Travelling with Starlight Dragons', much longer than the LWB. The original backers had an opportunity to buy it. It isn't on Etsy - does anyone know if it is available?

Patrick

rwcarter

Deck should arrive shortly. There seems to be a book - 'Travelling with Starlight Dragons', much longer than the LWB. The original backers had an opportunity to buy it. It isn't on Etsy - does anyone know if it is available?

Patrick
The book was delayed due to unfortunate circumstances and should be available in January I believe. Kickstarter backers will get some special preview this month.

Rodney

Patrick Booker

Thanks for that, Rodney. I will look out for it.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

My deck arrived today. I like the clear imagery, which I think will respond to a contemplative approach. The cards are fairly thick and glossy. The LWB seems helpful. I suppose you could interpret the orientation of the cards in four ways if you wanted - A. T. Mann developed a system for with for his Astrological Mandala Tarot, but I don't personally use reversals. I am well pleased with my acquisition.

Patrick

Morwenna

Beautiful! This is the first I've seen of this deck, and I don't know about reading but the cards seem to be wonderful meditation tools.

I have one quibble though: the elemental attributes of the courts. I've learned it with the Kings and Knights as the opposite elements from that shown here.

Still, I love the looks of this and would love to try working with it. I want to hear how others react to it.