Queen Cups as action?

hulpster

Hi there,

What is your take on the Queen/Cups (Rider Waite) as an action? Is it an outward action?

I received this card as the next action someone will take towards me in a love reading. This is a person I don't have contact with and the reading showed some defensiveness in feelings towards me (7 Wands) which I read (along with other cards) as this person having romantic feelings in some way but not wanting to leave their comfort zone.

Do you see this Queen as someone who will just withdraw to analyse their feelings or someone who would demonstrate some loving action towards you?

Where things are headed between us is Three/Pentacles which i saw as positive - particularly as solid foundations being established. Perhaps with the help with a third party?

Thanks for any advice you have to offer!

Hulpster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoyousGirl

Hi Hulps

The QoC - I'm thinking they'll check you out on social media. Maybe befriend you on Facebook if they haven't already. They'll be inquiring into you somehow, that's what I think. Not usually a social media card, but I'm thinking of how she's looking at that cup.

IndigoWaves

What is your take on the Queen/Cups (Rider Waite) as an action? Is it an outward action?

I received this card as the next action someone will take towards me in a love reading. This is a person I don't have contact with and the reading showed some defensiveness in feelings towards me (7 Wands) which I read (along with other cards) as this person having romantic feelings in some way but not wanting to leave their comfort zone.

Do you see this Queen as someone who will just withdraw to analyse their feelings
^ This.

The bulk of the uber-Water Queen of Cups' "actions" are internal. If this person has already been avoiding contact and/or not acknowledging you outwardly, I wouldn't expect that to change. She's fixated on her own private world of emotions -- not necessarily "analyzing" or questioning them, though, so much as simply feeling: good, bad, or a combination of both... And just as her cup is covered, she's not likely to reveal anything (especially with a fiercely self-protective 7 of Wands involved).
Where things are headed between us is Three/Pentacles which i saw as positive - particularly as solid foundations being established.
The 3 of Pents can show a connection that's been estatablished, but it's not necessarily one that will progress farther. It's kind of like noting that a stool has been constructed -- which can stand just as it is, or which might be made into a chair, but only if everyone involved agrees to work on it... Something may easily act as a deterrent to moving ahead, too -- like an existing relationship/3rd party, inadequate motivation/desire, or a lack of apparent practical reasons to change the status quo. Solid and real as its history may be, this particular relationship might not ever be further "built on".

starrystarrynight

I think that whatever this person does with regard to you will be done with your best interest at heart. This queen bears a loving, nurturing energy. If there is another person involved (Three Pentacles,) there may be no outward action toward you at this time, but I don't think this person will play games like leading you on if you do get in contact with him/her.

Baltazar321

In a romance reading Queen of Cups to me in an action or an outcome position has a disappointing tendency to feel a lot but to do nothing about it. Inactive, passive, distant. Holding her cup close and closed. She is the type that loves from a distance. Emotional behind closed doors only. I wouldn't expect any confessions or actions from him...

In my experience, 3 of pentacles is a relationship in which both partners work towards progress as a team, and the relationship has a stable and comfortable nature rather than a romantic and a deep one. But that is usually if dating/relationship has taken place, if it hasn't it usually indicates for me that both are too busy with work or studies and other people.

hulpster

Hi Hulps

The QoC - I'm thinking they'll check you out on social media. Maybe befriend you on Facebook if they haven't already. They'll be inquiring into you somehow, that's what I think. Not usually a social media card, but I'm thinking of how she's looking at that cup.

Thanks JoyousGirl!

We are already friends on social media and he did 'like' a photo of me last week on Facebook.

I don't normally attribute QC to internet, social media etc but your take fits into at interactions from last week :)

hulpster

^ This.

The bulk of the uber-Water Queen of Cups' "actions" are internal. If this person has already been avoiding contact and/or not acknowledging you outwardly, I wouldn't expect that to change. She's fixated on her own private world of emotions -- not necessarily "analyzing" or questioning them, though, so much as simply feeling: good, bad, or a combination of both... And just as her cup is covered, she's not likely to reveal anything (especially with a fiercely self-protective 7 of Wands involved).

The 3 of Pents can show a connection that's been estatablished, but it's not necessarily one that will progress farther. It's kind of like noting that a stool has been constructed -- which can stand just as it is, or which might be made into a chair, but only if everyone involved agrees to work on it... Something may easily act as a deterrent to moving ahead, too -- like an existing relationship/3rd party, inadequate motivation/desire, or a lack of apparent practical reasons to change the status quo. Solid and real as its history may be, this particular relationship might not ever be further "built on".

Thanks IndigoWaves :)

Yeah I just don't feel outward action. Feels a bit dreamy though. Given they are currently feeling 7Wands I thought he might start to allow himself to feel a bit more. I can tell he is a bit guarded. He was coming out of a long term relationship when we first met but i think he is slowly re-entering the dating game but a bit cautiously.

He isn't in contact with me. We did go on a date last year but I never heard back from. I unexpectedly bumped into him last month and had a brief chat. He texted me the next day to then apologise for not ever contacting me again and felt he needed to be single at the time. I haven't heard back since but I feel like I will (maybe wishful thinking!).

I took the Three Pentacles as where the relationship is heading as a positive on the assumption that he gets in touch with what he is really feeling for me (Queen).

I always struggle to see the 3 Pentacles as a third party but a lot of people do. For me it shows 3 people working together towards an outcome, so the 'other woman' doesn't fit my understanding of the card, but I will keep an open mind!

hulpster

I think that whatever this person does with regard to you will be done with your best interest at heart. This queen bears a loving, nurturing energy. If there is another person involved (Three Pentacles,) there may be no outward action toward you at this time, but I don't think this person will play games like leading you on if you do get in contact with him/her.

Hi Starry! :)

You are correct that this person doesn't appear to play games. The interactions I have had so far he has been honest (i think) and not tried to 'play' me. His last message to me was to apologise for not contacting me after our first date and he did say that he didn't want to mess me around and felt he needed to be single at the time.

As I said to the previous poster, it is hard for me to see 3 Pents as a third party as there appears to be 3 people working together. Unless the QC actually points to the other woman?

The feeling I got when I drew the 3 Pents was that we would establish something more solid in the future but it would require a 3rd person's input to help it along. We have a mutual friend - someone whom I work with. I had the thought that he might encourage him in some way. But.... i am emotionally invested in this so I would prefer to see a more positive outcome for 'us' than other suggest!

hulpster

In a romance reading Queen of Cups to me in an action or an outcome position has a disappointing tendency to feel a lot but to do nothing about it. Inactive, passive, distant. Holding her cup close and closed. She is the type that loves from a distance. Emotional behind closed doors only. I wouldn't expect any confessions or actions from him...

In my experience, 3 of pentacles is a relationship in which both partners work towards progress as a team, and the relationship has a stable and comfortable nature rather than a romantic and a deep one. But that is usually if dating/relationship has taken place, if it hasn't it usually indicates for me that both are too busy with work or studies and other people.

Hi Baltazar :)

I can understand the QC being no action. She seems so introspective. I kind of don't expect to hear from him but perhaps he will turn his mind to something within as you say.

I see how the 3 Pents is stability so I take from how you interpret the card that the outcome will be that we will be comfortable with nothing ever eventuating because there are other things which will distract us?

This is possible as I am studying whilst working full time and I do wonder how to fit everything in some times. I do want to make an effort in my love life though as I very rarely date and tend to let that side of my life fall by the way-side because it's easier and comfortable to do.

nisaba

Hi there,

It can be, for instance, it might indicate taking someone else's feelings into account and acting maturely towards them.

Or, perhaps, feeling that you could be bad for them in some way.

Do you see this Queen as someone who will just withdraw to analyse their feelings or someone who would demonstrate some loving action towards you?

I would see them as someone who has an intuitive understanding of their own emotional needs (which might give pause if they feel defensive around you), and who will behave with maturity around you, as far as you let them.