Imaginative Court Cards

Barleywine

As I frequently say, I like to use metaphors rather than straightforward card meanings to breathe fresh life into my interpretations, both because I enjoy the story-telling aspect and because it can provide unexpected insights. While this can work with any card that inspires me in this direction, the court cards often provide fertile ground for it because of the wide range of "human condition" qualities they offer. Although this thread almost seems like a "Tarot Games" candidate, I decided to start it here because I think it could be instructive as well as fun.

My first target is the King of Pentacles:

"A slow-moving guy who is inspired and invigorated by watching the grass grow, but still hires the Page of Wands to cut it for him."

If you have other imaginative examples of this, I'd love to see them. Any takers?

Barleywine

Knight of Wands - "Its easier to ask for forgiveness than than to ask for permission."

Nemia

Queen of Pentacles - "the way to a man's heart is through my kitchen"

Knight of Pentacles - "I'm not stubborn, I'm simply strong-willed. And that's it"

Barleywine

Queen of Swords - "What part of 'No' don't you understand?"

Nemia

King of Pentacles - "Winter is coming..."

Farzon

Oh what a nice idea!

Knight of Cups: "The means are the end"

Page of Cups: "Dreams are my reality"

Queen of Swords: "Stand my ground, I won't give in" (singing Within Temptation)

decan

King of Swords: "No, you are wrong; and move along!"

Queen of Cups: "I feel emotionally drained these days, let me tell you ..."

Knight of Wands: "Hey, look at me, I am amazing!"

Barleywine

Knight of Wands (in his best Bruce Campbell growl): "Come get some!"

Knight of Swords (as the "never-say-die" Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail): "Come back here and I'll bite you legs off!"

Barleywine

King of Wands (from Duke Nukem, voiced by Jon St. John): "Hail to the King, baby!"

Barleywine

Knight of Wands: "Give him an inch and he'll take a mile!"

King of Pentacles (forgive me, but I had to do this): "He's out standing in his field."