Newbie needs help

Saoirse Anne

I'm still learning, so please bear with me.

This is for a 3-card Past-Present-Future reading for a female friend who is currently in a very unhappy marriage and considering the possibility of divorce in the future. I used the Celtic Dragon Tarot. My friend is aware that I'm asking for opinions here.

I came up with the 10 of Swords for the past, 10 of Cups for the present, and Chariot for the future.

I'm thinking that the 10 of Swords past card represents the unhappiness of her current marriage. What she thought was going to be a great marriage quickly turned into one of loneliness and sadness for 6 years and counting. The 10 of Cups in the present position could represent the fact that she is actively envisioning a much happier life without her husband and has been reconnecting with old friends that she drifted away from after she got married. She has been happy hanging out with her old friends again. The Chariot card in the future seems to show that with perseverance and strength she can overcome the obstacles of her current life and move forward into a better new life.

I'm interested in reading what other people think about this reading.

CrystalSeas

Hi Saoirse Anne, and welcome (again) to Aeclectic.

Were there any other cards in this reading or are these three the full reading? If these were all the cards, then the forum moderators will move this post to the Your Readings forum.

Aeclectic is a learning forum, and one of the forum rules is that when you post a reading you must write out your own interpretation for each of the cards regarding the question you asked.

Once you have provided your interpretation, other people can then post with how they would read those cards.

Take a minute to re-read the rules for posting readings. Then click the little "edit" button in the lower right corner of your post and add your understanding of how each of the cards is answering your question. When you're finished the rest of us can jump in.

Remember to leave proper feedback for each person who answers

Your Readings Posting Rules

Saoirse Anne

Thanks for your patience, CrystalSeas. I hope I did it right this time!

CrystalSeas

It looks great.

And I see that the moderators have moved the thread into Your Readings.

Others are free to post their comments now.

headincloud

10S, 10C, chariot

10S in the past is indicative she's come through a very difficult period which is coming to or has reached it's outer limits, her situation is connected to family and home in 10C and there's further movement forward and away from the situation in the chariot all be it an uphill struggle.

She's moving towards great joy in the 10C if she can balance the opposing pulls on her time and energy to steer forward in the chariot out of the mess of the 10S but she seems to be well on her way, a very positive spread in my eyes.

Quest85

Hi,
I feel the 10S followed by 10S and chariot , together, strongly suggest that she already knows what should be done to move on to a happier home/life.. this is a very clear reading actually...
I even feel like she has already made up her mind aswell.. She will file for divorce, and she's is just about to do so....10's mean that this situation is at the end of its cycle.. Chariot adds to it, that with her willpower, she will take control over this matter.
To me these cards are showing that she is already moving forward in the right direction.

Sometimes I do quints on readings, and although I haven't done that for a while, with this one I wanted to see the quint (10+10+7 =27 2+7=9) #9The Hermit...
And in this case it's good to see this: while it confirms that she knows what to do, and that this is something she needs to do for herself...And this Hermit is also a good omen, that she is making a wise and right decision for her to be by herself.

I hope your friend will soon find happiness ..

Saoirse Anne

10S in the past is indicative she's come through a very difficult period which is coming to or has reached it's outer limits, her situation is connected to family and home in 10C and there's further movement forward and away from the situation in the chariot all be it an uphill struggle.

She's moving towards great joy in the 10C if she can balance the opposing pulls on her time and energy to steer forward in the chariot out of the mess of the 10S but she seems to be well on her way, a very positive spread in my eyes.

Thank you! I see I have a lot to learn, being able to tie the cards together like that. This reading sounds quite accurate, knowing her situation as well as I do.

Saoirse Anne

Hi,
I feel the 10S followed by 10S and chariot , together, strongly suggest that she already knows what should be done to move on to a happier home/life.. this is a very clear reading actually...
I even feel like she has already made up her mind aswell.. She will file for divorce, and she's is just about to do so....10's mean that this situation is at the end of its cycle.. Chariot adds to it, that with her willpower, she will take control over this matter.
To me these cards are showing that she is already moving forward in the right direction.

Sometimes I do quints on readings, and although I haven't done that for a while, with this one I wanted to see the quint (10+10+7 =27 2+7=9) #9The Hermit...
And in this case it's good to see this: while it confirms that she knows what to do, and that this is something she needs to do for herself...And this Hermit is also a good omen, that she is making a wise and right decision for her to be by herself.

I hope your friend will soon find happiness ..

Thank you! Her mind is definitely made up and she is moving forward, though it may take awhile.

I've never heard of "quints." It's so interesting. I did another reading for her a couple weeks ago...the only card I remember from it was the Hermit! I can't remember what position it was in, though.