Using a Different Guidebook?

EarthMamma

Greetings Everyone.. :)

I have the Guilded Tarot - my first deck which was a gift to me from my husband.

Previous to receiving this deck I had purchased as a gift for my husband, the Sacred Circle Tarot deck which I thought he would love (and does).

What I'm finding is that the divination as described in the Sacred Circle book resonates with me much more so than what is described in mine.

What are your feelings on or opinion of using a different guidebook than the one that comes with your deck originally?

Does anyone else feel this way?

Hope I found the right place on the forum to post this...I've only posted once or twice before.. I did a search and couldn't come up with anything about this subject.

Thanks in advance.. Blessings to you!

Cam/EarthMamma

EarthMamma

(Thought I'd bump since it's been a week or so since I posted the thread)..

Anyone?

Allison70

I'm not very experienced in Tarot, but I'll throw my opinion in.
I've never used either of the decks you mentioned, so I don't know how different their meanings are supposed to be. Sometimes meanings that appear to be different at first glance are later seen as being more similar than you thought. I've found this myself.

Anyway I would think that the meanings that work for you are exactly that - the meanings that work for you.

Do some readings. If you get good results with the meanings you like, there can't be a problem using them.

You might get more replies putting this in the Tarot Talk section, as the question could apply to other decks too.

Alison

I understand this. I think sometimes it can help you find details which are not so obvious. Also i have both books for the Gilded Tarot and dont' favour the Companion. I think the Easy Tarot book is much better, but I often use the Sharman Casselli workbook as a resource.

Alison

Atcandela

the guide book that comes with the Gilded Deck doesn't seem to "click" with
me. Of course these books are just guides and I use outside resources
for different interpretations.
I feel reading various interpretations will intuitively direct you into a deeper
connection with the tarot.