Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

tmgrl2

baba-prague said:
Thanks full deck. I am NOT the print person of the partnership, that's very much Alex. I've now asked him about this and he says we are using 200 LPI. Tarot of Prague used 175, but the new deck has still more detail.

He also doesn't know the term "line screen" I'd guess it's just called something different here (like it took me a long time to work out what people meant when they talked about "smick" in this region :) *)

I'm more used to being asked about screen resolution (most of my background is in on-screen and HCI/multimedia). We keep a very high screen resolution indeed and we're often told it's not necessary, but well, for real detail it just is - we've all seen decks printed from low-res files and it really does sometimes ruin them.
I wish people would be more wary of collaging stuff from the web. Anyway, that's another topic!

* "smick" is what "CMYK" is called here - I laughed so much when I finally caught on!

smick? CMYK? Help me out here...please

terri

Laura Borealis

tmgrl2 said:
smick? CMYK? Help me out here...please

terri
Printer ink colors:

.....Cyan
.....Magenta
.....Yellow
blacK

I don't know why blacK isn't just B.

tmgrl2

laura_borealis said:
Printer ink colors:

.....Cyan
.....Magenta
.....Yellow
blacK

I don't know why blacK isn't just B.

ty ROFLOL...terri..learn something new every day....

baba-prague

Seven of Pentacles

Okay, okay, I know I said we are not doing cute, but this card is about as close to it as we get.

Here comes (late) summer...

(if only! We actually had a blizzard today - a blizzard! Okay, brief but a white-out at this time of year?)

www.tarotofprague.com/cats/c_7pent.jpg

HudsonGray

He's a real cutie pie with that little apple bonsai tree! But AHHHH!!!! He has no tail!

Le_Corsair

Hmmmm....He doesn't look Manx...

Bob :THERM

HudsonGray

You think they 'docked him'? Hmm, docked his pay too perhaps? Maybe he's not a very good gardener. Though the look on his face would make the apples be really sweet. He looks like an Oriental Shorthair.

baba-prague

No no no. His tail is tucked into his pants. Cat do that sometimes you know :)

full deck

baba-prague said:
"smick" is what "CMYK" is called here - I laughed so much when I finally caught on!
Man, that sounds too close to "Shmuck".

hehe

baba-prague

Well, yes, I was really a bit taken aback the first few times people talked to me about switching into smick.

Not as bad as the running joke here though. Which is based on the fact (excuse the pun) that Czech people will ask each other all the time "Fahkt?" Which means "Really?" But unfortunately the way it's pronounced it sounds rather like another word. The joke is that English-speaking tourists are often speechless at the foul language they feel they hear all around them ;-)

Anyway, Alex says that the cat lost his tail when his colleague was doing a bit of over-enthusiastic topiary. That's his story (or his tale maybe?) and he is sticking to it (or he may add a tail - hard to tell!)

I'm just trying to figure out how a kitten walking down stairs in an elaborate dress should look...