Favourite 'One carders'

Ambrosia

I love one card readings and was doing a search in the spreads section but it's hard to wheedle out the spreads for one card.

I'd love to hear any ideas you have for "one carders" as I like to call them.
Any and all subjects (and methods) are welcome.

Thanks in advance. :)

Ps ~ I'd especially like to hear any interesting ways you have for picking the card. (Hope that makes sense.)

Ambrosia

Here is one from "Tarot Games" by Cait Johnson & Maura D. Shaw

~Cosmic Match

Shuffle cards then stack into a deck.

"Turn over one card at a time from the deck as you call out in sequence, either aloud or with your inside voice, the cards of the minor Arcana (Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Page, Knight, Queen, King), until the card that you have turned over matches the number or court card that you have just called out. Do not specify the suit but call out the number only.
If you don't have a Cosmic Match on the first sequence, start the sequence again with Ace and continue through the deck until a card matches; it may take two or three sequences, ( It is nearly impossible to go through the entire deck without a match, but if that happens, reshuffle and *concentrate* your energies again.) If the number you call matches the number of one of the Major Arcana, you are especially in tune with the universe today!"

I like to modify this so that instead of counting Ace through King, I count one through 22, 22 being the fool, (you could also count Zero through 21 instead) otherwise there is no chance for a major card over 10 to come up. I count Page as 11, Knight as 12, Queen as 13 etc.
If a major comes up it is particularly special.

Hope that made sense.

phantasmagoriaa

so I tried this Cosmic Match one, shuffled the cards and stacked into a deck. Said "Ace" as I turned over the first card -- The Magician, NO KIDDING.

Ambrosia

phantasmagoriaa said:
so I tried this Cosmic Match one, shuffled the cards and stacked into a deck. Said "Ace" as I turned over the first card -- The Magician, NO KIDDING.
Lol! Yea sometimes I kind of get annoyed when I get a match too early in the sequence. I feel cheated lol!

Are you sure you shuffled first? (just kidding) :D

BodhiSeed

Some one carders I use:

For the morning,
"Advice for living wisely today." After shuffling, count down to the card that matches the date (if it is July 26th count to the 26th card and pull it).

For the evening,
"Wisdom of today worth remembering." (Choose the card the same as the above).

le fey

For fun and contemplation.... pick a word, any word but a nice meaty concept word yields good results.

Your question is "What is... (word)?" Draw a card... explore how that card speaks to that concept. What are the metaphors for that word in the card?

Ambrosia

Ooh yay! Thanks bodhran and le fey!

I love one card draws so it's great to have some more to try out. I especially like the creative approach for picking the card rather than just asking a question and turning it over.

Ambrosia

bodhran said:
Some one carders I use:

For the morning,
"Advice for living wisely today." After shuffling, count down to the card that matches the date (if it is July 26th count to the 26th card and pull it).

For the evening,
"Wisdom of today worth remembering." (Choose the card the same as the above).
Just wanted to say that I have been using this method for my daily spreads morning and night and I really enjoy the subtle variation on how you pick the card.
I get bored asking a question, shuffling and picking a card from the top.
The counting method is good fun.
Cheers.