Once Upon a Time Spread

DragonFae

This spread calls for you to use the 0 Innocence card as the seeker during the reading. So you would pull out the 0 Card and put it to the side. You would then shuffle the deck several times while focusing on your question or area of concern.

Then draw SEVEN cards and put them aside. Next take the seven cards and without looking at them add the 0 Innocence card and shuffle the 8 cards several times. Place them in a single row. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Turn the cards over, one by one, pausing to look at the card, think about your first impression as the card comes up. When you have all 8 cards face up. Take note of where the 0 Card is in the spread.

This card represents the seeker (the person the reading is for). If the card is near the beginning then there are still plenty of things to discover, deal with, accept or move past...they lie ahead so to speak. If the 0 Card is near the end of the spread then the end of the issue is close at hand and there may only be a few things left. Regardless. you read all of the cards in the spread for insight and details.

The cards to the left of the 0 card are actions/feelings/thoughts/physical pursuits that have already taken place regarding the issue at hand. They are conscious or the seeker should at least be aware of them on some level. The cards to the right of the 0 card...are yet to happen or may be unconscious factors that the seeker has not discovered yet. It's like a fairy tale story map with the seeker as a character in the tale.

Court Cards can be interpreted as people the seeker knows or will know regarding the issue at hand. Aces are beginnings so pay attention to them if they fall within the spread. Other cards are interpreted according to your general method of reading

If you are interested in an example of a reading with this spread, there's one up over at my blog.

Bernice

Sounds very similar to a Lenormand spread - Sylvies' no-lay spread. I can connect with it fine :) Thank you DragonFae. I'll give it go.

Bee :)

Zelmira

Dragonfae:
This spread is a lovely one, and very simple to perform. No remembering detailed positioning. I think is also very good to do intuitive type of readings, where you just know what is the message. Also I thinks would be useful for writers to play around with little short stories. Thanks for posting it. Peace,

Zelmira

blueviolet

Thanks for sharing this, I gave it a try. My seeker card came out on the end, so it gave me a look back on what's happened up to now. A very interesting way of getting an overall picture in that sense.

DragonFae

Yes there are several spreads that are similar (the Churchyard spread for one but it uses 12 cards plus the Fool)...I just put a fairy tale twist on it. Used the number seven since it has some significance in fairy tales. Also for me 12 cards can get a little confusing to read...but alas that is just me...