Three card spread... very revealing!!

casia

I have this book from Alejandro Jodorowsky and I go back and forward on it all the time. I found this 3 card spread that is incredible, it gives a lot of information and I'd like to share it with everyone.

It is done with the major arcana only. Make your question and lay out 3 cards:

1 2 3

Read each one connected to the next
Then add up all the cards and if the number is bigger than 22 you add those number together to give you a final number and this would be the hidden meaning.

Then add card 1 and 3 and this is the external aspects of the question.

Then add 1 and 2 and that would be receptive influences of your question.

And finally 2 and 3 which would give you the active influences of your question.

With a 3 card spread you get 4 more meanings to add on, and it really makes sense. I've been working with this for a while and it's been a real eye opener.

Hope you like it

RiverSpirit

how are you assigning numeric values to the court cards?

rachelcat

Hmmm, very interesting. I'm always looking for majors-only spreads. (But I don't know if it would work as well with cards without the numbers on them!)

I'll give it a try! Thanks for posting.

Filipa

I gave it a try for what the future holds for my relationship but i'm still no good at combinations!

1 - The Devil

2 - Temperance

3 - The Emperor

Hidden meaning The Lovers

So as external aspects of the question i got devil and emperor

receptive influences of your question The devil and temperance

active influences of your question temperance and emperor

what do you think? The only thing i see in this cards is sex :|

casia

Jejejejejj Filipa!!!

The Devil is 15
Temperance 14
Emperor 4

Hidden meaning : 15 + 14 + 4= 33 3+3 =6 Lovers
External aspects 15 + 4 =19 Sun
Receptive influences 15 + 14 = 29 2+9 = 11 The Force
Active influences 14 + 4 = 18 The Moon

I don't want to venture into an interpretation cause I'm still learning but I see a strong relationship with love and sexual aspects, I see the construction of a happy relationship (sun), I see strong sexuality ( force and devil) and the moon tells me things are not to obvious for you right now, that you might have doubts, or things are not to clear.

Hope this helps!!

casia

RiverSpirit

This spread is only for Major Arcana cards. And by the way, the fool is number 22 not 0.

Thanks

RiverSpirit

casia said:
RiverSpirit

This spread is only for Major Arcana cards. And by the way, the fool is number 22 not 0.

Thanks
Thanks for clarifying - missed that in the original post - I have correspondences for the court cards, but have seen other assigning methods too!

Interesting spread, and I do use just the majors from time to time, so I'll get it a whirl!

grimalkin

Hi casia ... is the book titled The Way of Tarot: The Spiritual Teacher in the Cards?

Filipa

oh i didn't get it that you had to combine all the cards to get the number
and that way i like the meaning a lot more :D
great spread casia
thanks!

Sheri

Moderator Note

Hi everyone,

Normally, readings for interpretation are not allowed in the Tarot Spreads forum, however the reading by Filipa is being allowed as it provided an opportunity for casia, who is the original poster of the spread, the opportunity to demonstrate how the spread and technique of reading is to be done.

It is the ONLY exception that is going to be allowed. Please post readings in the Your Readings or Personal Readings forums and LINK to them here if you want to share your experiences using the layout. Any further readings will be removed without notice.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

Sheri; moderator Tarot Spreads