Lo Scarabeo: Tarot Compendium Kickstarter

gregory

They don't have the bag or postcards. But that doesn't affect the book.

Good point though - but I cannot believe they have two separate print runs. I THINK this was asked (about something else) when the first one came out - whether the ones on amazon were the same, and I THOUGHT it was discovered that the difference was a banner on the cover.

ETA from the Experience thread, where someone asked about the Fundamentals book:

The book on Amazon doesn’t come with the exclusive Tarot bag and the prints from the upcoming Tarot Apokalypsis.

Apart from that, the books are identical, when it comes to the content!

theEnigma

Awesome. Thank you! I went for a "full encyclopedia" pledge with a deck since I'm a completionist and it appears to be of good value.

ncharge

I have been trying to pledge for this, but Kickstarter has a website error and I can't access the site. It is fine, until I select my pledge level, then it goes out on me. Is anybody else having this problem?

Alta

Maybe you could try a different browser, that's about all I can think of

gregory

Do you use noscript ? Try starting your browser with all addons turned off. (I had to do that for some other site the other day :()

Spiffo

I've backed all three volumes, being a completist.

I was terribly disappointed in Volume 2. Content wise I felt it was lacking, but my real disappointment was, after such abysmal copy editing of Volume 1, that Volume 2 was even worse. Spelling mistakes, repeated phrases, grammatical mistakes, etc., and then there's the frankly, bloody awful, stock art.

I hope they get it right this time. There is absolutely no excuse these days for sloppy copy. I do wonder what the contributing authors make of it all. Mind you, seeing how heavily discounted Volumes 1 and 2 are now selling for makes me think that the series has not been as successful as we all hoped it would be.

The pessimist in me sees this as a lost opportunity, while the optimist hopes, really hopes, that Volume 3 makes up for it all.

If you're watching Lo Scarabeo, please please please pay a good copy editor to go through the text for Volume 3.