Which deck will better round out my collection?

JustJazzie

I have my eye on two decks currently; Tarot Illuminati (Eric C Dunne), and the Steampunk Tarot (Barbara Moore)

My current decks are; The guilded tarot, Crystal visions, Shadowscapes, Thelema.
I also have but never use; the inner child fairy-tale tarot (an impulse buy at a used bookstore), and was gifted The Goddess tarot, which I don't connect with AT ALL.

With the Illuminati tarot, I don't really connect with most of the images. There are a several that I absolutely LOVE, (a few of the courts, the high priestess, the hanged man) many/most of the cards I am indifferent to, and a few that I actually have an aversion to. (like the hierophant) But every time I look at the deck, my crown chakra tingles like I am supposed to learn something from it.

(also, I do own "the complete guide to tarot illuminati" as I heard it was a wonderful resources even if you don't have the deck. If that sways anyones answer)

With the Steampunk tarot, I like the entire deck, say 8 on a 1-10 scale; but no images make me super excited like a few in the tarot illuminati do. At the same time, I don't have a strong aversion to any of the cards either.

I would love your thoughts on which might round out my collection better.
My pendulum is in favor of both decks. I know there isn't really a wrong answer here, but I also want to have the "right" one! LOL.

Le Fanu

I think the Illuminati is a more significant release because of its crazed collaging and extravagant symbolism. The Steampunk is more muted and forgettable. I'd go for the Illuminati

willowy

I have my eye on two decks currently; Tarot Illuminati (Eric C Dunne), and the Steampunk Tarot (Barbara Moore)

My current decks are; The guilded tarot, Crystal visions, Shadowscapes, Thelema.
I also have but never use; the inner child fairy-tale tarot (an impulse buy at a used bookstore), and was gifted The Goddess tarot, which I don't connect with AT ALL.

With the Illuminati tarot, I don't really connect with most of the images. There are a several that I absolutely LOVE, (a few of the courts, the high priestess, the hanged man) many/most of the cards I am indifferent to, and a few that I actually have an aversion to. (like the hierophant) But every time I look at the deck, my crown chakra tingles like I am supposed to learn something from it.

(also, I do own "the complete guide to tarot illuminati" as I heard it was a wonderful resources even if you don't have the deck. If that sways anyones answer)

With the Steampunk tarot, I like the entire deck, say 8 on a 1-10 scale; but no images make me super excited like a few in the tarot illuminati do. At the same time, I don't have a strong aversion to any of the cards either.

I would love your thoughts on which might round out my collection better.
My pendulum is in favor of both decks. I know there isn't really a wrong answer here, but I also want to have the "right" one! LOL.

Does it have to be one of those two decks?My reason for asking is that you don't seem super excited or in love with either,I tend to buy my decks only if they tick almost every box for me.When they've plagued my thoughts and made me worry they'll go oop before I get one.Maybe you should browse a few more decks,also you're collection seems quite light,maybe a darker deck would be more of a balance? Tarot of vampyres by Ian daniels is amazing,and the guidebook is the best I've ever seen with a deck.Also Tarot apokalypsis is a great deck,its illuminati's sister deck.

But back on topic,I think illuminati is the better deck,and plus you already have the book :)

Cocobird55

When I first saw scans of the Illuminati I didn't like it at all.

I bought a copy, and thought I'd never use it.

I was wrong on both points.

The deck is beautiful and sumptuous. I have never had a problem reading with it, and now it's a favorite.

JustJazzie

I think the Illuminati is a more significant release because of its crazed collaging and extravagant symbolism. The Steampunk is more muted and forgettable. I'd go for the Illuminati
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I suppose "muted" is a good word for it.
When I first saw scans of the Illuminati I didn't like it at all.

I bought a copy, and thought I'd never use it.

I was wrong on both points.

The deck is beautiful and sumptuous. I have never had a problem reading with it, and now it's a favorite.
Thanks so much! I was hoping I would have a stronger connection with it in person, but its so hard to tell!

Does it have to be one of those two decks?My reason for asking is that you don't seem super excited or in love with either,I tend to buy my decks only if they tick almost every box for me.When they've plagued my thoughts and made me worry they'll go oop before I get one.Maybe you should browse a few more decks,also you're collection seems quite light,maybe a darker deck would be more of a balance? Tarot of vampyres by Ian daniels is amazing,and the guidebook is the best I've ever seen with a deck.Also Tarot apokalypsis is a great deck,its illuminati's sister deck.

But back on topic,I think illuminati is the better deck,and plus you already have the book :)
I do see your point on my lack of excitement. As for other decks, I have honestly spent HOURS going over every deck I could possibly find, watching videos and reviews of the cards. Those are the only two left that call to me. I am definitely not into the darker vampire decks I have seen. I do think I need something a little more masculine though as my cards are definitely on the feminine side. Though I suppose the guilded isn't terrible feminine....

Any who; so far, it seems the consensus is the Illuminati! Looks like I will be leaning towards that one.

gregory

The Gilded is not feminine. None of them are actually. I love both the ones you are considering, but if it HAD to be only one, I too would go for the Illuminati

JustJazzie

The Gilded is not feminine. None of them are actually. I love both the ones you are considering, but if it HAD to be only one, I too would go for the Illuminati

You are right! The guided isn't feminine. Ill pick them both up eventually I am sure, but one for now!

Thanks to everyone who offered their 2 cents. I went down to a local shop last night and snagged a box set of the Illuminati. It was a glorious store; I will have to stop in again when I have more time. Looks like they offer some metaphysical/tarot group activities all month for a reasonable fee. Perhaps I will attend!