5 of cups and 7 of wands as feelings?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi all,

What would you interpret for the 5 of cups, clarified by the 7 of wands, as feelings in a partnership spread?

I initially drew the 5 of cups and felt this represented his feelings of being let down from the relationship; it may not live up to his past relationship. Another take I considered was he is regretful over something? Maybe he really wanted this relationship to work but he cannot lie to himself and therefore feels badly.

When the 7 of wands appeared as a clarifier my interpretation changed. I feel like perhaps this person is very guarded and defensive about his personal life/emotions and perhaps this is making him feel sad (5 of cups) because he just cannot continue this partnership?

A little more info: this was a spread I did for a gf who is meeting a blind date next week. I understand they are not yet a partnership but I asked how would he feel toward her.

elena_jaymz

Hi, I think you're right, this person still feels sad, probably because of a relationship or more ended bad in the past (5 Cups) and I think he/she feels afraid of being hurt again, that's why he/she's on the defensive, I mean it won't be easy for him/her to commit again in the immediate future (7 Wands).

Just my 2 cents.

arcange

This is a blind date? I don't see a partnership happening from these 2 cards.

Both the 5 and 7 are unstable. The 5C is him focusing on a what he lost. I see the 7W as like you said, defensive but also I see it as agressive sexual outlet.

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi, I think you're right, this person still feels sad, probably because of a relationship or more ended bad in the past (5 Cups) and I think he/she feels afraid of being hurt again, that's why he/she's on the defensive, I mean it won't be easy for him/her to commit again in the immediate future (7 Wands).

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for your feed back. I sensed that strongly, almost like a fear of commitment. In a separate spread I did for him his overall energy towards love was 10 of pentacles rx. I took this to mean not ready/open/wanting commitment.

CaliforniaVirgo

Both the 5 and 7 are unstable. The 5C is him focusing on a what he lost. I see the 7W as like you said, defensive but also I see it as agressive sexual outlet.

Hi and thank you for your feed back. I have never considered the 7 of wands as an aggressive sexual outlet, but makes sense. Do you think that perhaps he may view this woman in that way? A possible sexual outlet, but nothing lasting?

arcange

I don't know what deck you used or what the other cards in the reading are. I see the 7W in regards to the feelings question as sex but not romance. That can be fun. I'm not saying he might want to hurt her. But maybe he wants to forget a lost love with a good shag.

CaliforniaVirgo

I don't know what deck you used or what the other cards in the reading are. I see the 7W in regards to the feelings question as sex but not romance. That can be fun. I'm not saying he might want to hurt her. But maybe he wants to forget a lost love with a good shag.

Yes, I can see that being the case too. I just figured the 5 of cups was how he felt toward her since that was the question I asked. The 7 of wands was just to clarify the 5 of cups more, which is why I initially thought he was on guard. You know, he was expecting this girl of a lifetime and maybe she isn't what he had thought and so he's sort of being defensive? I duno!

The 5 of cups representing his feelings before he meets her makes more sense, but it's just not what I asked so it's a tad confusing

Grizabella

This is interesting. I've never thought of the 7 of Wands this way but I can see how it could be the case.

My first thought was that it would mean that he's "emotionally unavailable" since it's in combination with the 5 of Cups'.

Hi and thank you for your feed back. I have never considered the 7 of wands as an aggressive sexual outlet, but makes sense. Do you think that perhaps he may view this woman in that way? A possible sexual outlet, but nothing lasting?

I know you didn't ask me this question but I'll answer it anyway. Yes I do believe this is what these two cards are saying. If it were a sitter I'm reading for, I'd advise great caution about this person. I'd caution him/her to just meet him in a public place and keep the date always in a place where there are others around.

CaliforniaVirgo

This is interesting. I've never thought of the 7 of Wands this way but I can see how it could be the case.

My first thought was that it would mean that he's "emotionally unavailable" since it's in combination with the 5 of Cups'.

I know you didn't ask me this question but I'll answer it anyway. Yes I do believe this is what these two cards are saying. If it were a sitter I'm reading for, I'd advise great caution about this person. I'd caution him/her to just meet him in a public place and keep the date always in a place where there are others around.

Thank you for the feed back!

Can you explain more about meeting in a public place? It is my understanding that they will be meeting at a BBQ of some sort. Is he dangerous? I might add that in another spread I did he was coming up as the Devil. So I do not think he is a healthy person, but I cannot tell in what way. I think he is probably more after sex and passion then love and romance. He may have some addictions or psychological stuff going on as well. I also saw with clarifiers that he is probably very capable of becoming verbally abusive.