Doreen Virtue

Ambrosia

Do you guys like her Oracles? I have Healing with the Fairies and the Goddess Oracle. I think I have more of an affinity with the Goddess one, The Art is more inspiring to me, and the messages aswell. I cant seem to click with the Fairy one so much. Not sure why. Your thoughts?

mysticmanth

I think doreen is amazing, her artwork is amazing...I have messages from your angels, healing with the angels and ascended masters.
I want to get healing with the fairies, the goddess deck, basically every deck she has done.
I find her cards amazing, and i find her an amazing person. x x x x x

Mellifluous

Yes, I have several of her decks. I like all the ones I have and use them often. :)

knowledge seeker

i also have many of her decks, and read with them often. i find they help open up for some fantastic readings and insight.
she has brought out a new faeries deck, haven't seen it yet though (trying to avoid looking at it as i'm trying not to buy....:D )
i have also read some of her books, which are great!

Aulruna

Here are some discussions of Doreen Virtue decks which have many replies:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94196 Magical Messages from the Fairies
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=99867 Healing with the Angels
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94005 Ascended Masters
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87665 Best Doreen Virtue Deck

Maybe you'd like to browse them!

Personally, I find the DV decks differ in quality and usability. I can work with some but not with others. My favourite is the Godess Guidance Oracle.

faunabay

This is interesting timing. I just had a friend tell me something about Doreen Virtue yesterday. She said she used to love Doreen Virtue things before she....oh how did she put this? It was so interesting the way she worded it. Let's see.........she said she used to like Doreen Virtue before she commercialized her energy. Or something to that effect.

The way she put it explained my feelings exactly. I absolutely love Doreen's earlier stuff. I love my Healing with the Fairies and Healing with the Angels decks.

Ambrosia,
I use the two together. I lay out 3 angel cards then 3 fairies underneath and read them together. The way it works out the angels give generalized information while the fairie card underneath gives the day to day info on the above angel card. If that makes sense. :laugh: I love these to decks so much I'm on my second copy of each. :bugeyed: I wore out the first after about 7 years of use.

Her earlier books are great too! Both of the Healing with.....books are wonderful!

And while I do have her Goddess Guidance cards too (and like it) any of her others I've tried just don't do it for me. Especially the newest ones. (shrug) Although I do have to say I haven't even seen the newest Fairie deck so can't comment on that one.

JONIKA

I love Doreen Virtue. I have a few of her meditations and Healing with Angels oracle cards...This deck is pretty accurate.
I also like the work of her husband Steven Farmer: Power Animals and his work about shamanism...

faunabay

JONIKA said:
I also like the work of her husband Steven Farmer: Power Animals and his work about shamanism...
In her book Healing with the Fairies she talks about how they got together. It's amazing, fun and wonderful to read about it. :)

Pao

I agree that I loved her before the commercialized energy. I got healing with the angels when it first came out and at that time I believe she had just started with these. I love it till this day because it is my first oracle EVER! the mermaids, unicorn and archangel followed and after that I noticed how she kept of releasing "different" decks with similar ideas. I dont have much of an issue with it really because I figure you may like mermaids and I dont while I like unicorns and you dont so we have a deck for each of our tastes. but I am very upset by her obvious greed. The last deck of her I got was messages from the fairies and I really found it to be accurate, of course thats thanks to the fairies and not Doreen! :D the decks are good for beginners and non oracle or tarot people, anyone can use them so thats good. the bad is that there is not much depth, sometimes the images have nothing to do with the phrasing which leads me to believe not much thought goes into them and that is sad because the art in some is truly amazing.

just my 2 cents. i could go on!

vhrsn

I like healing with angels. It's a deck that I'm learning and am still getting to know.

Also am practicing readings with this deck so if any of you would like one PM me.
I'd need a first name, and question.
I am also blind and have brailled the deck.
All the best,
Veronica